Pre-Employment checks via Umbrella company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have obtained a new job, the recruitment agent says they are only looking for bankruptcy and CCJ's.

I have 3 defaults from 2008/2009.

I remember in my current job I had to go through the same thing, this was in 2010 and it was fine.

Has things changed, do they now look for defaults?

I am panicing about this and cant sleep, the great credit crunch cost my my job and I didnt have enough in savings to keep on top of accounts and now its came back to bite me :|

The banks of course that got bailed out are fine and dandy.

why would the agent lie to you?

Good point :) I'm just so stressed about it, I might call the employer and say, the defaults where settled within a year so maybe that will look better for me.

There is really nothing you can do to about it, so have a cup of tea and settle down on the sofa. it's Dr Who time :)

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi. I recently started a new job and had to have criminal and credit check and passed fine, I had a previous CCJ but it was satisfied and its long gone from my credit report, there was a more recent default but they didnt care about that. So I suspect you will be fine.

Andy

Yeah... I was in same position but was worrying for no reason, my default was an egg card which i had agreement to pay off £1 month but then like many others they sold debt to apex.