Scottish Power Platinum Boiler Cover

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Took out Scottish Power Platinum cover September 2012. First cover taken. Was going to go with British Gas but as Scottish Power tailored my new energy plan to incorporate this cover for just an additional £6 per month on my monthly direct debit I was not going to query. They explained about the radiator cover as well and told me they would arrange for an engineer to come and do the service check.

Due to the bad weather it was not until January that they eventually got out to look at the boiler. Just before that the display panel on the boiler (ideal boiler) was not showing anything even though the boiler was working fine.

I rang up and even though someone had not been to service the boiler they did send someone out to fix it. Good service as sorted within 2 days and the panel was working fine.

Inspection a couple of weeks after that

About 3 weeks ago the display went again. Finally arranged for someone to come out and look and it seems that there is a leak in the boiler that is leaking on to the display panel that is why it was going off.

The sub contractor said he would price up and inform Home 3 Assistance who rang me a couple of days abot and said would need a new heat exchanger for around £750 and plus other parts so totally £1,409 and as my cover is only for up to £1,000 they cannot do.

I was horrified as I did not know there was a limit on the cover. I was never informed of this when I took out the policy as previously spoken with British Gas and they were offering unlimited cover when they explained to me so most likely assumed that this cover was unlimited as well as I was never told.

The home assistance guy said that there was nothing he could do but if I rang British Gas customer services and inform them that I was mis-sold the policy as they were the only ones who could overturn this decision.

Rang them today on the number he gave me who then told me I needed to ring another number from which the lady then new I was getting the run around so actually put me throught to a lady called Jan in the customer complaints. She took the details and rang me back about half hour later to inform me the the terms and conditions highlighted the maximum amount that they would pay. I told her that I was unaware of this but she just kept going on about the terms and conditions.

I understand this but I told her I would never have purchased the policy if I had know that as pointless. Come on when things go wrong with a boiler it is more often going to cost over £1,000 as labour is just as much as the flipping parts!!!!

She is escalating and getting some other person to ring me back on Monday although she was adamant that they would tell me exactly the same as what she has

I just wondered if I had a 'leg to stand on'. I am furious as wasted the last 6 months on a policy that is useless. If I had gone with British Gas I would have been covered. If I go with them now my boiler is not going to get fixed. It has now this evening started making a noise like a crying sound and the pressure gauge is starting to vibrate back and forth. This only happens when powering up.

Please help

Many thanks

Lisa

----------------------------------------

2007 - RECLAIMED over £4,000

in bank charges from Halifax Bank ;)

hi we have Scottish power onboard here

I will alert the rep for you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello

I have sent the email. If you can action urgently please

Many thanks

Lisa

Hello

Please can someone look in to this for me as I am disgusted with the service I have just received. I know I have emailed the scottish power rep but yesterday I got a phone call from a lady (don't want to mention names really) from scottish power and all she kept spouting on about was the terms and conditions.

She went away to look at the information as she did not have everything to hand.

Basically we had this problem in December last year which they came to fix in January. same problem again although I have just got off the telephone with her and she says that there was no leak in December as there is nothing on the report showing that.

She also said that she had the legal department tell her that the british gas boiler care is an insurance where as this one I got is not it was an addition to my online energy saver... OMG they are telling me this all now.

I am disgusted and now stuck with a bloody boiler that is going to cost me £1,500 to fix which if I had taken the policy with British Gas I could have had fixed.

Even though scottish power keep going on about the flipping terms and conditions and I should have read them I was NOT and repeat over and over again NOT AWARE that what I was paying for was a stupid basic policy which they call PLATINUM! that does not cover me for anything that I would need.

I beleive they mis-sold me this and I would like some help and advice on what to do.

I am sorry about the typing above but as you can probably tell the lady on the phone annoyed me so much I could cry right now. I don't have that kind of money !!!!!!

Please help

Thanks

Lisa

• 1 month later...

I have had exactly the same thing happen to me....I was sold my policy over the phone and was assured that all parts and labour were covered by the policy. I've had no heating or hot water for 9 weeks , I was never sent the terms and conditions and have had the policy for a few years ,completely at my wits end and sick with worry

i also had this advice from the CAB....

UK law defines a representation as 'a statement of fact, made during pre-contractual negotiations; as an inducement to enter into a contract'. As such, if a purchaser discovers that such a statement of fact is false, they could claim the seller has misrepresented the product and hold the seller in breach of contract. This could allow the purchaser to seek damages or rescission (be placed back into their pre-contractual status) or an indemnity for any expenses.

Therefore if you can provide reasonable argument that the trader disclosed false information that persuaded you into purchasing that warranty from that specific trader, you could look to hold the trader in breach of contract and pursue them for a suitable form of redress.

What you may seek is dependent on the severity of the breach. To clarify, if the breach is serious, you may seek to end the contract and claim a full refund of any monies already paid; whereas if the breach is minor, it may be more appropriate to claim a partial refund that reflects the nature of the problem.

Any other costs you incur as a direct result of the breach of contract are known as ‘consequential losses’ and you may ask to be reimbursed for these costs. It is important that you take all reasonable steps to keep such costs to a minimum, and you may need to provide some evidence of what the losses are and why you believe the trader is responsible.

Hi... I am even more furious now as when you go on to the scottish power website they over a platinum fixed till 2015 with the cover that we wanted !!!!! I am trying to speak to scottish power by asking for a call back and twice now not got one. Trying again tomorrow as at my wits end too

i've been trying to get it sorted for 9 weeks,my daughter had an operation on her hand and we had to come home to a freezing house and no hot water...i told them this but nobody contacts me even though i'm told they will.,my experience has been shockingly bad to say the least