style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi please can i ask some advice. i have two convictions on my criminal record that happened over ten yrs ago which were for drunk and disordely. im not proud but it happened and i have not been in trouble since. The problem is i have just applied for a job caring for the elderly in the community. i have had to agree to have an enhanced crb check done. i know these convictions will show up but will it scupper my chances of taking a career in the care sector?. Any help will greatly appreciated. many thanks

It'll depend on the employer. If you don't declare then it'll go against you for lying. If you explain it was a decade ago, you got treatment, you may be OK.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

well i have been for my interview today. i didnt disclose my convictions on my application form because i thought after ten years the crb check wouldnt pick them up. i got the job, i feel i should go back on monday and be honest with them and tell them what i thought.