style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like some advice regardingoutstanding council tax for 5k, I will try to keep this short as I have over the last few years been thru some very bad times

I rang the council office yesterday ,as collection by bailiffs ad failed , I went into great length as to why I ad not paid and told them how all this ad come about

due to bankruptcy and mortgage problems and I was under courtorders and only ad so much money, to which I have now paid up, and this now gives me a chance

to get this sorted ,I told them I can pay my currant year and £60 pounds per month and a review in 6 moths if they wish , and also I wouldpay more off if I could as I am

self employed , i did this in my bankruptcy by consent of the court and kept to it and also my mortgage company ,I told them the reason for this was to keep my home

i was a bit dismayed with there reply they said they would only except £160 pounds per month , I then asked if they would send me a income expenditure sheet

so I can fill in andsend back ,which they are doing,off course the fret of bankruptcy was said and prison , I said there is no need for that I am willing to pay all outstanding

amounts ,and would pay more if I could , they said that with this amount they could only except paymentover 3 years is this correct , any advice on this would be gratefull,

thanks bake,

You should consider contacting the council to ask if the council tax arrears are enforceable from the period you were bankrupt, I think it should effective be written-off.

Council Tax is usually seen as a priority debt, completing the I&E will be a good starting point, and will give you a stronger position to negotiate with the Council. Be careful though as you own your own home if the arrears are over £1000 the council could seek a 'Charging Order' on your property.

sorry for late reply,

i did tell O/R but its in wifes name to the main thing is they say that they wont £160.00 per month this

i could not do .i did explain that to them, but saying you can only pay over 3 years i did tell them about

the B/R but i dont think they were that botherd ,i did say i would pay more if i could as i told them that i ad no choice in the BR as i was under a court order to pay my eqirty of 24k to O/R as you no there is only so many eggs in the baskit i was keeping my home was the main thing it just seems to me that if you have your own home there is no help and you are on your own i have got to admit that some times i do feel like letting them have it and joining the rest as this last 6 years as been a joke on the amount of monny that i have paid out ,sorry just ranting i no there is more than me out there ,i did tell them that i could only give £60.00 per month , were do you think i stand if they say no ,thanks again bake

thanks for your reply, yes it was just me but i am led to believ that why they put in both names, if you were both B/R then i think it would go into br, i am sure thats whot the o/r seid,thanks bake

You will need to check who was made BR. If only one of you then the Council will hold the other liable for what is owing - providing of course they obtained the Liability Order within 6 years of it being due. If it turns out you were both made BR then check to see if the CT was included and if not why not.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]