Home insurance claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am having problems with my home insurance. Someone threw a brick at my window. This hit the frame and broke the window. Insurance company sent glazers to board up and make safe. Three weeks later someone came to repair it and stated it could not be repaired as the frame was damaged and the window would not slide up and down.

Insurance company say their people cannot do it so I should try and get quotes myself.

The Windows were originally fitted by the local council when the house belonged to them in 1988. Where do I stand if I can't get a window to match the others at my property.

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by citizenB

I am having problems with my home insurance. Someone threw a brick at my window. This hit the frame and broke the window. Insurance company sent glazers to board up and make safe. Three weeks later someone came to repair it and stated it could not be repaired as the frame was damaged and the window would not slide up and down.

Insurance company say their people cannot do it so I should try and get quotes myself.

The Windows were originally fitted by the local council when the house belonged to them in 1988. Where do I stand if I can't get a window to match the others at my property.

Any help would be appreciated

Your Insurance will only cover the window that was damaged. It does not matter if it is of different appearance to the others. You will gain from the claim, as the window is likely to be better that the one that was there.

What were you expecting ? The Insurers to pay for replacing all you windows on that side of the house ? That is very unrealistic and would never happen. There are situations where Insurers do pay up to 50% towards undamaged items in a matched suite. e.g kitchens and bathrooms. But I have never heard of this ever being the case with windows.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread