council tax-non payment of liability order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good day all,

I was in court on th 16/4/12 and given an order to pay CT at 20 a week. I've been unable to pay since before christmas and have been asked to appear again. I owe 600 pound and could pay about 250 today. Last time I missed payments i was given stern words by magistrates but allowed to continue with payments as I was ahead of where I should of been.

I need to know likely outcome of next appearance? Prison?

I'm due in this afternoon and thinking if I don't turn up would I get sent a later hearing? this would give me time to settle up!

Thanks

Good day all,

I was in court on th 16/4/12 and given an order to pay CT at 20 a week. I've been unable to pay since before christmas and have been asked to appear again. I owe 600 pound and could pay about 250 today. Last time I missed payments i was given stern words by magistrates but allowed to continue with payments as I was ahead of where I should of been.

I need to know likely outcome of next appearance? Prison?

I'm due in this afternoon and thinking if I don't turn up would I get sent a later hearing? this would give me time to settle up!

Thanks

Did u turn up then ?

It would depend on the reason you are not paying. Is it because you have other bills to pay? Are you on benefits? Are you claiming all you are entitled to including council tax relief?

Hi,

I get my single person reduction. I work but am on minimum wage and as a single male I can't seem to get any other help. I need a car for work as I have to travel from job to job and my engine went. I attended and explained this. Apparently I wasn't on a suspended sentence (which I thought i was). I was put back on a payment plan and told very sternly by the magistrates I must stick to it. i have been looking for ways to increase my income and have had good news on that front today so good day all round.