About to Start My Journey too!

Tinkerbelle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and have been reading for the past few weeks to get a full understanding of what I need to do. I wasn't going to actually go ahead, but seeing all the support and advice on this site, and remembereing just how unsympathetic these institutions were when I was having difficulties, I have decided to go for it.

I intend to put claims in against Capital One and Citi Cards. I am also considering Barclaycard and Halifax Bank. My only reluctance with Barclaycard is that they will (could) close my account. Same with Halifax, and I am having difficulty opening an alternative Bank Account.

Anyway, I have calculated that I am owed £433 by Capital One and £375 by Citi Cards. I have all my statements and have gone through them with a fine tooth comb in triplicate!

My letters are drafted and ready to go. In addition to my letter requesting a refund, should I also include my calculations seeing as I did not request a DPA?

Thank you for reading my post!

Welcome and good luck .

You have gone about it the right way by reading around the forum first until you got an understanding of what you are about to do.

You do not have to put calculations in until it comes to filing a claim.

Banks can and sometimes do close accounts you must bear this in mind .Can you not open at least a basic account as a parachute account ?

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Thanks for welcoming me!

I have applied for a step account with Nat West - will see what happens. I would really like to take on Halifax, as they have done such silly things like charge me £39 for a £2.49 SO. This actually happened the same day a cheque I had previously paid into my account had cleared. It would appear that during their "automated" banking system, if the credit had been applied to my account before the Standing Order payment, I would not have been charged. So for the sake of 2 seconds, they charged me £39.00.

I did ask for it back, and they told me No.

Halifax are a** holes. I am taking Capiatal 1 card and Halifax on too. Good luck 2 the both of us!

I have applied for A Nat West Step account too & have been accepted on principle - whatever that means. My credit rating is very bad but i think i read that they don't credit check u for this account.

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

I'm going to be taking on Capital One and A&L.. just reading everything to get a good understanding first! ;)

I wish you luck with all your claims! :cool:

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." -

Mark Twain

Hiya

Good luck to u aswell. Let me know how u get on with Capital 1.

Hels

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks