Travel insurance from Aviva

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I use premier banking from barclays for the past four years who provide my travel insurance as well, I went to India for holidays last may and I left my bag inside a moped with some valuables in a locked compartment when I came back from watching a sporting event the compartment been opened and the items were missing I logged a police report.

When I called up Aviva the provider for the travel insurance for barclays said as you left your bike unattended you are not covered for insurance after I read the document it says if its in a locked compartment I am covered and they apologised and asked me to send all the documents.

When I called them after a week they asked if the bike lock is broken I told them it might have been picked and they informed as there is no forced entry they declined my case.

Is there any way of proceeding further please advice thanks

Guest Aviva Support

Hi Charlitos

I'm sorry to see your post. If you can email me at [email protected] and include the following details

Full name

Date of birth

Post code

Policy Number

Link / copy of your post (so I can link it to this forum)

I will get this across to our travel claims team and ask them to investigate for you.

I hope that helps and we can get this resolved for you soon.

Kind regards

Dave

Dave Hyam

Aviva Social Media Team

Guest Aviva Support

Hi Charlitos

Thanks for your details, I'll get this across to the team now and as soon as we have an update we will be in contact.

Kind regards

Dave

Dave Hyam

Aviva Social Media Team

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

Would it be possible for me to have the telephone number of a manager in the Aviva travel insurance department (Not Call Centre, please!). I have a festering problem with my European Annual Travel Insurance. (Not a claim), and would find it easier to discuss it with someone, rather than type out a long winded email. Would be a very civil conversation!!

Regards

Guest Aviva Support

Hi MagpieMike

Unfortunately I can't give out a direct number for a manager, however if you can email me your

Full name

Date of birth

Post code

Policy number

Contact telephone number

I can arrange for a call back for you. I know you don't wish to write a long email but if you could also include a brief synopsis of what has happened as well, it would really help me in putting you in touch with the right team. My email address is [email protected]

Thanks

Dave

Dave Hyam

Aviva Social Media Team

Edited by Aviva Support
To add email address

• 5 months later...

This seems quite dubious to me; tricks through sleight of hand, such as picking a lock, still normally qualify under theft through force. I would suggest you get tough with your insurer and raise an official complaint. If this is of no use, threaten to go to the FOS. I had a negative experience where there was an age restrction on my travel insurance policy, but my bank never told me about it. It took months to resolve, but it wasn't until I mentioned the Ombudsman that they took me seriously. Try it and let me know the outcome. Regards Martin.