job role changed upon returning from sick leave

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i really need some advice if possible please , i recently returned to work after almost 5 weeks sick leave due to being in a accident. However upon returning to work i found my job position has been changed from customer services to telesales. Previously before being of sick i tried it for a couple of days thinking that is all it would be. So i am not to impressed after returning to find my role as a customer service agent is no longer available im told due to mistakes i have made and that i am more suited to sales. I cant stand sales , i tried it a few years back and it had a serious affect on my health. I was employed as a customer service agent and i have no interest in sales i have no new contract , and i was informed this would be a trial and if went well then i could re negotiate my contract.

To be honest ive had enough of the company i am working for and find what they have done unacceptable , does anyone know where i will stand if i leave ... im currently looking for work and have a little money that i could use whilst im seeking another job . I have been with the company just over 3 months if this has a effect on my situation ... ?

What does your contract say? "Any other reasonable duties" is in there I'd guess?

Please check and come back to us.

You can resign any time you like giving appropriate notice. If you have been there for 3 months and off for 5 weeks of that time I am guessig they won't be that bothered and may even waive the notice period. Just watch out for any clauses about repaying cost of training.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Really what's the difference between customer service and sales? I used to work as tech support, or so I thought, while what I was required to do was to sell but without the salespeople's commissions.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

What does your contract say? "Any other reasonable duties" is in there I'd guess?

Please check and come back to us.

You can resign any time you like giving appropriate notice. If you have been there for 3 months and off for 5 weeks of that time I am guessig they won't be that bothered and may even waive the notice period. Just watch out for any clauses about repaying cost of training.

I have not seen anything about repaying cost of training or "any other reasonable duties" my training was awfull anyway i basiclly spent a week filing and sitting next to some one to listen in on them on the phone, which is why i made so many mistakes in customer services. As far as im concerned i have been fired from customer service and moved to sales without any new contract which im not entirely happy about. I would have prefered it if they just fired me.

Really what's the difference between customer service and sales? I used to work as tech support, or so I thought, while what I was required to do was to sell but without the salespeople's commissions.

Customer service , im taking calls inbound straight forward from exisitng customers. Sales im making outbound calls with a increased work load touting for new buisness which is obviously very different to what i joined the company for.

Since my return to work i have been placed in the corner of the office pretty much on my own so i no longer feel like part of a team in my current buisness i feel totally demotivated and im currently wondering how best to serve my notice , i was also curious if i would be entitled to jsa whilst looking for other work it would certainly help.

Edited by tommytech

If you want to help you need to actually answer the question. I asked what your contract said about your duties. Please go and find it, and type it out verbatim.

However with such a short length of service, a bad sick record, and errors, and being fussy about what work you do, it isn't looking good, is it? Have you considered knuckling down and seeing if you can make a go of sales with a bit of effort? A good salesman can earn a lot.

If you resign, you probably won't be entitled to JSA as you have voluntarily made yourself unemplpyed - you will most likely be sanctioned for a period of time.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

yeh i suspected i would not be entitled to jsa , however as my current contract in customer services has been terminated as such i wasent sure.

I will check my contract again when i get home and report back , as i say i have no desire to work in sales i used to do it years ago and it made me seriously ill. Tbh im currently recovering from a accident i was involved in recently and as such i would not have returned to work if they had made it clear i was being moved into a different department.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to reply , i will report back later :)