Investigation interview and Diciplinary Hearing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am due to attend a disciplinary interview next week in regards to some problems at work.

These problems relate to stock items found within a work wastebin. An investigation was undertaken in regards to these items and I was called to and investigation interview without any prior notification. At this interview no evidence to support my employers was submitted, however I did admit to throwing some items away but at no time was I given an opportunity to state which Items I had thrown away. I am now due to attend a disciplinary meeting in regards to items I had no prior knowledge off.

As part of this disciplinary procedure I have been given photographic evidence of items, and a brief investigation statement carried out by my line manager. These photographs are not of the items I admit to throwing away. In his investigation report, he reports conversation he had with my workmates whoever provides no written statements from these workmates.

My line manager has had it in form ever since he came to our store a few months ago. His first conversation with me when he first joined was in regards to extending my probationary period beyond its stated term. I informed our HR department about this and other issues, ever since then he has obviously had it in for my, some of his tactics used are the constant changing of my rotas, often without any prior notification.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Robin

I am due to attend a disciplinary interview next week in regards to some problems at work.

These problems relate to stock items found within a work wastebin. An investigation was undertaken in regards to these items and I was called to and investigation interview without any prior notification. At this interview no evidence to support my employers was submitted, however I did admit to throwing some items away but at no time was I given an opportunity to state which Items I had thrown away. I am now due to attend a disciplinary meeting in regards to items I had no prior knowledge off.

As part of this disciplinary procedure I have been given photographic evidence of items, and a brief investigation statement carried out by my line manager. These photographs are not of the items I admit to throwing away. In his investigation report, he reports conversation he had with my workmates whoever provides no written statements from these workmates.

My line manager has had it in form ever since he came to our store a few months ago. His first conversation with me when he first joined was in regards to extending my probationary period beyond its stated term. I informed our HR department about this and other issues, ever since then he has obviously had it in for my, some of his tactics used are the constant changing of my rotas, often without any prior notification.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Robin

If this was me, I would deffer the meeting and join a Union like the GMB and get legal representation: as its you right !! :mad2:

it sounds a bit iffy without proper evidence ?

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Get in touch with hr again. Tell them that you have prior history with this manager and give them as much detail as you can. HR should then get a completely different manager to perform an investigation and the disciplinary otherwise it would bring the entire complaints procedure into doubt.

Keep things civil and polite. If hr decides to continue with the disciplinay it is your legal right to have a rep of your choosing. You can even defer the meeting for up to 5 days if the rep cant get thwre in time. you are also allowed to see all evidence that would be used against you so you can prepare a defence against the accusations.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yep/ Investigation is informal and is there to gain evidence and find out what exactly happened. However, if the dispute was originally between you and a manager, then that manager shouldnt be part of the investigatory panel. It should be a manager completely independant of the situation.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Is my line manager allowed to call me to a investigation interview without any prior notification of the meeting and it contents and possible outcomes?

Hello there.

Possibly not, but do you have a copy of the company's disciplinary procedures please?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks,

there is no mention of anything regarding a formal investigation interview in the companies disciplinary procedures.

I attended the interview as part of a yearly review, it was at this review that the interview suddenly became a formal investigation interview without any prior notification.

Hi

From what you have stated in your last post

IMO that line manager had a 'conflict of interest' and should not have carried out your yearly review followed by the investigation interview, they should have done one or the other but not both.

Have a look at this link for ACAS good info that may helf you there: www.acas.org.uk/

and these PDFs from ACAS:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group