RBS Lost My Account Details - Still Holding Default

benham3160
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Around two years ago I wrote to RBS attempting to negotiate a full and final settlement for an allegedly outstanding credit card account I had with them (in the region of £200, mostly charges) in return for removal of the default from my credit file. No harm in asking eh?

Two years later, and after numerous letters backwards and forwards, (never received a reply to the initial letter) RBS are claiming they can not find my account details, and constantly send me letters asking for "more information," I've told them the credit card type, my name, address and date of birth, I can't really furnish them with anything else. It's now at the stage I'm receiving real letters from real people, I spoke to a Ms. Sahota last Friday who agreed it was unusual that I could not be found in RBS' records, but they had been updating my credit file...

I moved house in August 2012, RBS have updated my credit file to reflect my new address, but claim that they can not find me on their computer :|

What do I need to ask them now to get them to "put-up or shut-up"?

Regards,

Andy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was going to suggest sending a SAR but as they have already told you they can't find your details not sure if that would help much.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I've written to them telling them it's basically farsical, I'm trying to give them money, they are processing my data (STILL) and claiming they can't find my account!

For a bank that's riddled with toxic debts, don't bother trying to actually give them money you owe them...... It's fruitless!

Regards,

Andy