• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Neighbours continually parking on my drive advice needed

Jolivic154
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right pace but hope some one can help me. We have been having problems with are neighbours continually parking on our drive.

We live in a quiet cul de sac in a small rural community. The houses are owned by housing association and each has its own drive.

Our drives are side by side next to each other. They seem to think they own both drives and can park where they want.

They continually park on our drive, and have never once asked for permission.

They seem to run a laundry business from there home, ( they have had many washing machines delivered in the last 3 months and they have at least 2-3 dryers in there shed running 24 x7 . Last summer we could not use garden due to the noise of the dryers, you can even hear the dryers at night from bedroom). They are a older couple with no children.

so there are continual people parking on are drive to collect there laundry. They have had builders in and have also told them to park on our drive.

We are getting sick of it. We don't actually have a car at the moment but that's not the point. They should not be parking on our drive.

We are getting a car this week and want to be able to park on our drive.

Also if we go out of the house the only access off the property even walking is down the drive. When they park on our drive they block whole drive so when walk dog I have to walk in muddy grass and flower beds to get out.

Is there any thing I can do to stop them parking on our drive. I have tried talking to them, but they are very rude and aggressive people.

I have started keeping a diary of each time they park on our drive and I have been taking photos.

Is it even legal to park on some or else's drive.

Who's the best person to complain to, council, housing association, police...

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

You might also enquire with the housing association if they permit their properties to be used for commercial purposes and check with the planning department at your local council whether they have obtained planning permission for a change of use.

We had a similar situation several years ago where a neighbouring property was being used as business premises with large vans parked all over the place and causing havoc. The solution turned out to be their lack of planning permission which led to a swift relocation.

Also just noted the comments about having builders in. As this is a housing association property, what were they doing?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hi

Silly question. Have you asked them not to park on your drive?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

What you may need to do is if possible but you are the one that knows your neighbour is try and initially politely ask them if they could keep your drive clear bear in mind you are paying rent for the use of your drive.

If this does not work then you have done the correct thing by keeping a log and if possible take photos too of the different vehicles.

Now if they are running a Business from Housing Association property then would have needed to have asked for permission from the Housing Association to do this and it will probably be in the tenancy agreement as well that they need permission.

If it continues you will probably need to make a Formal Complaint to the Housing Association but you need to bear in mind any repercussion of the neighbour causing further issues or blaming you etc.

You need to follow the Housing Asociations Complaints Procedure for this, also does your housing association have an antisocial/neighbourhood services team if so report these incident to them as well.

This PDF Incident Log with Form Field to fill in may be of use:

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Even if it werent a HA property, I would still be pretty miffed if I were unable to use my own drive due the selfishness of the next door neighbour.

I would doubt very much that the HA are allowing them to operate any business from their home. I think there could be implications for business tax/rates as well.

I too wonder why they have builders in. Again, if it is a HA property, then it would be them who organised any building repairs etc !!

Could you not perhaps ask for an HA representative to visit you for some reason.. perhaps they will notice what is going on.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for your replies so far their house is defiantly owned by housing association. Where I live is a brand new estate of 11 brand new houses that housing association had built under 2 years ago.

I have no idea why they keep having builders in. I know they are not builders that housing association use as they use one particular company ( Armstrong) and these are not Armstrong vans.

I cant be 100% sure that they are running a business but it does seem like they are. Why would they need so many washing machines and dryers for just 2 of them. And I have seen many people come every day dropping off bags of what seems to be washing.

They seem to be making a lot of money from what ever they are doing. They are not hiding the fact either. In the last 2 months they have bought many brand new washing machines, a new cooker, a new American style fridge freezer. They have new things delivered every week. They have just bought a new car as well.

My neighbours are not really very approachable, I have asked several times that they don't park on my drive but they just start shouting the odds and get very rude and aggressive.

The repercussions of complaining to housing association is what worries me. I can imagine that they will come straight round and will start screaming and shouting. It would not surprise me if they got violent. I just don't know what to do for the best.

I will have a look at my tenancy agreement to see if it says any thing about running a business , as there tenancy agreement and mine should be the same or similar.

Thanks again

Hello there.

It seems that you have a choice to make. If you don't want to let the HA know what your neighbours are doing, would you consider CitizenB's suggestion?

I suppose another option could be the council/local authority.

If you don't want to involve the HA, how do you think you might stop the neighbours doing what they're doing? Or is there another solution you would prefer/

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I'm sorry I don't think I worded it right. It not that I don't want the HA to get involved. I would like more than any thing to make a complaint to housing association and for them to get involved but am worried and the re reclusion and the safety of my self and my family. If they got aggressive and violent. I have 4 young children to think about. It's hard I don't know what to do. Could I anonymously tip off the housing association about the fact they seem to be running a business.

It is my understanding that you can remain anonymous when making a complaint to Local Authorities and Housing Associations :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would imagine the HA would have something to say about running a business from home. The Council could also be interested as they could be liable for re-assessment for partial business rates.

above from another member of the site team
:)

BCOBS

Hi

If you make a Formal Complaint to the Housing Association but insist that you want to remain anonymous due to fear of repercussions the Housing Association have to take this into account and you can request that they do not visit your property but to meet at a neutral location if that is required.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I think this could be classed as anti social behaviour. If so, this is something your HA will deal with. You must contact them. You've done well logging everything as this will help the HA to build a case.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 5 months later...