Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Rbs overdraft charges on overdraft charges

Hi all....RBSicon have been charging me interest for my 1k overdraft, these charges have taken me over my limit for which I then get a 6 daily charge. Then I get increased overdraft interest charges for for going over my limit. These charges get added to my account which takes me over my limit and thus the spiral continues.
    I have asked RBS to change the date of when the charges are added to my account but they wont.

Are they allowed to add charges on charges?

Default Re: Rbs overdraft charges on overdraft charges

no

BCOBSicon complaint!!

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Cheers DX - yep clearly states charges on charges...I'll keep you informed as to how i get on but knowing RBSicon it will take them a long time to say no

right then, RBSicon have rejected my compliant, only offered 12months of refunds, against 2800 worth of charges..they refuse to confirm that they are not allowed to add charges to charges and refused to acknowledge that they are not allowed to default me for overdraft charges...one last letter to Mark Davies their complaints director................. ...then what...any suggestions?

Default Win!!! Rbs overdraft charges on overdraft charges - refund given 2400

RBSicon has offered a refund of just over 2400 to me today on the basis that they feel the charges were unfair due to the fact that the account has not been used since Sept 2009 and not because that they put charges on charges. This is probably so that they do not set a precedence in refunding on charges on charges. I still have to battle the 3 defaults shown on my credit file, added in 2010 but thats another story.

I have names, emails and phone numbers for senior member of the RBS complaints team, right up to director level that I am happy to share with anyone who wants them.

Another win for the joe public.

was this a BCOBSicon based complaint?

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

it was BCOBicon based ie...charges on charges - but 3 letters to the complaints team, followed by letters to the data controller and complaints team manager, then a letter to the complaints direct and then direct laison with his PA got the result....along with threats to take this to the FSO and BCOBSicon