dismissed for gross miscodnduct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,new onto this site so unsure if this post is in the correct catogory.

I was sacked on 29th jan for gross misconduct,have appealed against this and have a hearing this week,but the company does not revoke original decisions based on history of events.

There evidence is thin to say the least,wanted some advice on how the tribunal system works,i`m in a union but will be unable to pay them come this month i have no money left.

also some advice on if its correct regarding having to wait 26 weeks for any assistance ie jsa.

many thanks in advance

how long have you worked there?

the evidence may be thin, but did you do it?(whatever it was). The company do not need 100% proff, just reasonable grounds to believe on balance.

in your position I'd be down to cash convertors pronto, letting your union membership lapse would be incredibly stupid.

You can indeed be sanctioned for JSA as GMC is deemed as making yourself unemployed by your own actions. The decision maker will say if, and for how long.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

hi,worked there for over 4 years.

there decision was said to be on coincidence(stated in the dismissal hearing)

not much left to sell i`m afraid.

Agencies don`t want to know once i mention gross misconduct.

have £60 left in my pocket(and reckon noone would want to buy a kidney lol)

It's been 2 weeks - have you actually been to sign on? if not, get it done :)

Have you spoken to the union about "unemployed "members rates?

Have you asked old boss what any reference will say?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Talk to the union. if you think you have grounds for appeal and you don't understand ETs it can be really important to haver them on side! Were they at the original dismissal and do they think you have a case?

And yes- short term temping, any line of work, to get some clean references on file if you can. Depends what the GMC was but try and go for something in a different line eg if for taking cash, do something with no cash like labouring or event security.

Thanks for the advice emmzzi,

I`ll have the area union rep along with the works union rep at my final appeal hearing,so will talk to him then,and yes believe i have a strong case for ET,but as you say you never can tell with these things.

• 1 month later...

update,

I`ve spoken to a solicitor,feels don`t have the grounds for tribunal.claiming jsa but just received letter job centre with paperwork from employer stating dismissed for gross mis conduct.Have filled in attached letter explaining my side and due in job centre this friday.

Can anyone tell me if my jsa will be stopped from now? letter does not state this but now unsure myself.