renderexterior wallcoatings ltd / MR HARVIL SHAW

csutton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PLEASE READ THIS AND BE WARNED BEFORE YOU HAVE ANY RENDERING DONE ON YOUR HOME.

In 2008 we employed a firm called renderexterior wallcoatings to reder the gable end of our home. The owner of this firm a MR HARVIL SHAW came to our home looked at the job and quoted us a price of £5000.

Initially we were pleased and then after about 18 months cracks started to appear and lumps started to fall off the wall.

We contacted Mr SHAW who said he would come and look at the problems.

After several letters and phones calls and conversations where MR SHaw blamed firstly a defect in the ANDURA PAINT and then the workman who applied it who was called SHANE (lived in Yorkshire with a big motorbike). MR SHAW wrote us a letter which stated that the work was sub-standard and the wrong materials had been used in the cracked and fallen off areas and he promissed to put things right.

We were then given three seperate dates when he work would be corrected but alas they came and went and nothing happened.

Despite repeated phone calls to his office and ringing his personal mobile phone number which i managed to obtain, Mr Shaw repeated said he would put things right but also became abusive and used threatening behavoir.

I then told Mr Shaw that I would report him to trading standards at his companys address area, which I duly did.

They inturn referred me to the legal cover on my home insurance and company house.

Trading standards were aware of this company but would for confidentiality reasons not discuss any further.

My home insurance told me that if I paid for a survey which proved that there were faults then they would persue a claim.

When I contacted COMPANY HOUSE they referred me to the history of MR HARVIL SHAW who trades as one company goes into liquidation and then starts up again as a different company.He has also been banned as a company director.

To date we still have chunks of our rendering missing and cracks on the wall.

MR HARVIL SHAW now has a new company called RENDERSOLUTIONS WALLCOATINGS with the same pictures and a worthless 25 year guarantee just like he gave us.

I know this because I have seen him in my home town and the lady who i tried to warn but sadly I was too late called HARVIL SHAW on his MOBILE with the same mobile number that I gave her.

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LOOSE YOUR MONEY AND ALLOW HIS SHODDY WORK TO CAUSE YOU THE DISTRESS HE HAS CAUSED US.

Thank you for reading.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if it is anything to do with these

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?830-Wethertex-Review

There is a similar complaint here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?372123-Wall-Rendering-Solutions-watch-out!!!&highlight=Render+exterior

Could it be anything to do with this:-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/investigate-caught-in-a-web-of-lies-510928

?????

That's strange because there is a similar sounding company here - http://www.freeindex.co.uk/profile%28render-exterior-wall-coatings%29_78659.htm

but I expect that it is just a coincidence.

duplicate thread!!!!

:lol:

• 2 months later...

I understand that there may now be another wall-rendering company and that Harvil Shaw is involved in it - although not as a director. That bit is being done by someone else.

We'll find you more info soon.

I'm not sure of the status of the old company

• 1 month later...

Sadly we have also had dealings with this Mr Shaw.

He ran a company called Texacote which rendered my parents house in 2007 or 2008. In 2011 we noticed the render was flaking off and after trying to contact Texacote we realised they had gone into liquidation. I contacted trading standards but they basically said that as we didn't pay by credit card there was nothing we could do.

We decided that we had no option but to have it redone! We then found Render Exterior Wallcoatings. It wasn't long before I realised it was the same Mr Shaw who had run Texacote! After I pointed out that it was his company who had rendered the house in the first place he dropped the price to £7500 and promised that that was cost price. Having no choice we went ahead.

Just recently the walls have started to flake again. I have not contacted Mr Shaw yet but I have a feeling he will not entertain me!

Not sure of the best course of action. Maybe an email to BBC Watchdog? Any suggestions?

• 6 months later...

I think that the new company is called EWI Rendering Systems Ltd Company number 8639995 ( trading as ) Protective Rendering Systems the company was incorporated on 06/08/2013 We have been following Mr Shaw for several years this new website and photos on it are almost identical to his old websites

Thank you.

I have heard that Shaw may be using a different name in present dealings

Is this it - http://www.protectiverenderingsystems.com/

Anyone that has had dealings with Mr Shaw will remember the web sites layout showing the systems and prices, the address that is now used is a mail drop in London

I have no doubt that he is behind this new company

Yes that's the website

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Holy cow, I'm was literally in the process of arranging a date for Harrison Springfield to come and take a deposit before I thought I'd do a spot of research beforehand! Glad I did!!! So is this definitely the same people? I gather I should most definitely stay away. He did go missing from Jan until now but was told he was away. I'm guessing that wasn't true either!

DELTA777, Reading the above thread, and I belive I've seen this "Clown" on TV, Watchdog or Cowboy Builders.

AVOID is the best advice.

I,m a builder with 30 odd years experiance. There is no such thing as "a quick fix" to "cracked/ blown" render.

Hack it off and start again.

F16

If you find a company which offers an insurance-backed guarantee, ask for the policy details and to see the certificate. Then call the insurers to confirm that the insurance is in place and that it applies to you.

If there are any problems about this then contact Trading Standards as you are probably dealing with a fraudster.

• 5 weeks later...

I hired Mr Abraham Shaw a year ago to do my rendering, same issues that everyone else is having. Rendering is a disaster and it is flaking away. He gave us a 25 year guarantee which is absolutely worthless. I went to the new website that is mentioned in the thread and I found a picture of my house on the site, a before and after picture.

I will be sending Mr Shaw a letter requesting him to remove the picture immediately.

It is correct this is definitely an Abraham Shaw, Harvil Shaw, Abraham Jackson (New name) company.

Before you take any action, make sure that you get lots of screenshots of the website.

This company is very slippery. Lots of people have started to take some kind of action but no one has followed through.

Would you like to send an email to us at our admin address with some contact details.

Once again - no one should ever rely on a building guarantee unless it is insurance backed - AND they have seen the insurance certificate AND they have called the insurer AND confirmed that the insurance exists AND that it applies to them.

I am not aware that anyone has ever dealt with Harvil Shaw's companies has ever checked or has been shown or had confirmed the existence of any insurance policy.

• 1 month later...

I was also concerned when I saw this thread about problems with rendering, as I had paid a deposit to Protective Rendering Systems for thermal insulation and rendering of my property. So I did my research, checked out the validity of the guarantee with the insurance company, checked the quality marks, and then discussed my concerns with Harrison Springfield. I found his responses to be credible, and asked him to continue with the job, (as I was initially tempted to withdraw the contract). The work has just been completed, and the rendering surface is superb. The lads, Don and Jamie have done an excellent job. There were a couple of minor snags that needed rectifying, so I contacted Harrison as soon as these became apparent, (on a Sunday) and plans were put in place immediately to sort them out, and these have now been completed.

I find the best approach is to do your research, be straight, and tell people what your concerns are, that way issues can be resolved before they turn into problems. I have never had to "chase" Harrison or his colleagues to talk to them, in fact they have had more trouble getting hold of me at times, to advise me of progress and starting dates. I am happy that I chose Protective Rendering Systems,

Well that is very heartening to hear that Harrison has gotten his act together and is able to maintain such a satisfied customer base.

Very pleased to see this posted by such an independent source as well. I am sure that it will give everyone a great sense of confidence.

I find the best approach is to do your research, be straight, and tell people what your concerns are, that way issues can be resolved before they turn into problems. I have never had to chase "Harrison" or his colleagues to talk to them, in fact they have had more trouble getting hold of me at times, to advise me of progress and starting dates. I am happy that I chose Protective Rendering Systems,

This is very comforting to know. Being straight is especially important, in my view.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately we have had nothing but hassle from Harrison Springfield and Protective Rendering Systems and We would suggest that nobody touches the company regardless of any insurances or assurances. The work that they have completed is at best patchy and certainly no where near a quality job. They did come back to fix a few issues but no only the minimum - unfortunately they have already been paid. Additionally it took over 2 weeks of us chasing for the scaffolders to be paid so that they would remove the scaffolding from our house and now over 3 weeks later they have still not paid for the skip which remains outside of our house.

We have had other builders round to look at the work completed who have confirmed that it is a very poor standard at any price let a lone the huge amount that was paid to protective Rendering Systems!!

They have ruined our garden which we re now re-turfing as well as cracking a number of paving slabs which will need to be replaced.

The garden was left filled with their materials which were never collected and we had to arrange to be removed. and lastly they did not return our house keys despite us asking for them a number of times - they denied that they had them saying they had left them in our house. This is not the case and we have now had to have the locks changed

PLEASE AVOID!!!!

Did you get any evidence of the insurance policy which supports the lifetime guarantee?

I was also concerned when I saw this thread about problems with rendering, as I had paid a deposit to Protective Rendering Systems for thermal insulation and rendering of my property. So I did my research, checked out the validity of the guarantee with the insurance company, checked the quality marks, and then discussed my concerns with Harrison Springfield. I found his responses to be credible, and asked him to continue with the job, (as I was initially tempted to withdraw the contract). The work has just been completed, and the rendering surface is superb. The lads, Don and Jamie have done an excellent job. There were a couple of minor snags that needed rectifying, so I contacted Harrison as soon as these became apparent, (on a Sunday) and plans were put in place immediately to sort them out, and these have now been completed.

I find the best approach is to do your research, be straight, and tell people what your concerns are, that way issues can be resolved before they turn into problems. I have never had to "chase" Harrison or his colleagues to talk to them, in fact they have had more trouble getting hold of me at times, to advise me of progress and starting dates. I am happy that I chose Protective Rendering Systems,

While I respect your opinion, you claim to have checked them out. I can say that they are NOT registered with the Guild of Master Crafstmen and also with the insurance scheme offered, there is no way to check whether PRS are registered. As this company has been going for less than one year, I am not sure how anyone can say too much about them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...
While I respect your opinion, you claim to have checked them out. I can say that they are NOT registered with the Guild of Master Crafstmen and also with the insurance scheme offered, there is no way to check whether PRS are registered. As this company has been going for less than one year, I am not sure how anyone can say too much about them.

did you look for E.w.i. Rendering Systems Limited as this is their trading name.

Hil,

I have just done some research myself after reading this intersting thread as I am thinking about using Protective Rendering System and I have found the following:

1. Yes they are registered with guild of master craftsmen. I can't link as I have less than 10 posts. I have also done a research on their website I can't link as I have less than 10 posts. to make sure. I am not sure how easy it’s to be a member though and if companies really get assessed properly(?)
  2. Their insurance is backed guarantee by Home Improvement Protection. Again, the sent me their registration certificate but I can't link as I have less than 10 posts.. I have also called HIP and they have confirmed that E.w.i. Rendering Systems Limited is registered with them. I have asked for an email to be sent to me confirm this in writing.

I can't put the actual links as I have less than 10 posts. who is interesed in the actual links can contact me via email?

Now I was thinking about getting the side of my wall sprayed with their system at a cost of £2875?

What are your thoughts based on the above? It seems that some people had bad experiences and others had good ones?

It appears that what they are claiming to have in palace is all in order?

Thanks for the replay

Edited by erasmus77

Thank you very much for this very interesting post.

It is very encouraging to have such detailed and positive information from such an independent source.

I'm sure we would all be very interested to see the documents that you have so maybe you could email them to us at our admin address and then we will post them up for you.

Unfortunately none of this will help the people who have had bad experience with the previous incarnations of Harvill Shaw's rendering companies. For some reason or other those customers have not been able to get evidence of the claimed insurance cover and so therefore they have not been able to invoke the guarantee that was given before each one of those companies went into administration.

Please contact us on our admin email address

Incidentally, I should add that I know that previous incarnations were linked to the Guild of Master Craftsmen but when I phoned the office of that organisation two or three years ago they were extremely unhelpful and I formed the opinion that they were not really there to be customer-facing.

hi,

I have emailed the admin. Athe docs seem legit to me, i am after your thoughts guys

Let me know what you think onmce the admin publishes the links.

i am usually quite sceptical about this accreditation bodies I am not sure how trustworthy they really are...

nevertheless they seem to be part of it:???:

No documents received. Please try again on our admin email address

The Guild offers no protection against companies which go out of business.

The only thing that counts is an insurance backed lifetime guarantee which will stand even on the demise of the company