renderexterior wallcoatings ltd / MR HARVIL SHAW

csutton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looks like a lot of these branded wall coating companies operate in the same way ie they sub contract to crews/subbies The subbies probably work for lots of different companies.

That's the part that is most misleading and it's not just Harrison/Harvil that is operating in this way.

These are not real companies with employed staff that they can easily send to fix faults.

There are a lot of very good companies in the business as well, the old rule is the best rule not only for wall coating companies but all building companies, 1/ Get at least 3 quotes, 2/ Get 3 jobs to look at, 3/ Check out the company through company house. ( that will tell you how long the company has been trading ) 4 / Check that they are VAT registered ( if not don't touch them as they are to small to handle this type of work giving a 15 year guarantee ) If a company has been in business for say 5 years and is offering a 15 year guarantee on its work, then ask to see a job 5 years old, any genuine company will be happy to do that. People like Harvil / Harrison give this business a bad name because the law allows people like him to set up new companies and dissolve them within a year and then set up again. I have been in the exterior wall coating business for over 30 years and have seen it all BAD JOBS and very GOOD JOBS, its all down to the way the company is run, the tradesman applying the product, and the product itself. PREPARATION IS KING!!

Edited by loucruz

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I'm currently getting work done with EWI rendering systems as we speak and dealing with Harrison. So far we've paid the deposit and having no major issues with the work although there is a few problems need addressing before they start rendering. any advice on what course of action I should do to avoid there being any issues later. As I say, so far nothing major is going wrong so don't want to jump the gun yet.

any advice would be much appreciated

Check the insurance.

Check the documents and double check by calling the insurer.

Hi bsms5404

Could you take a look at the photo in the earlier post

do you recognize him?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please please do as Bankfodder has recommended

Check your Insurance detail very carefully even call the insurer to confirm the details are 100% accurate correct.

Check every Document you have been given very carefully.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

EWI RENDERING SYSTEMS LTD is a non trading company. Is this the company that you had do the work

Hi guys,

I'm currently getting work done with EWI rendering systems as we speak and dealing with Harrison. So far we've paid the deposit and having no major issues with the work although there is a few problems need addressing before they start rendering. any advice on what course of action I should do to avoid there being any issues later. As I say, so far nothing major is going wrong so don't want to jump the gun yet.

any advice would be much appreciated

• 4 weeks later...
Protective rendering systems are definitely delivering gdgc backed insurance now. We had to wait a while though.

That's very good to know.

We still recommend that everyone checks out the insurance for themselves before commissioning any work.

• 1 month later...

:mad2:Re: Abraham Jackson

I also hired Protective Rendering Solutions (Abraham Jackson) to render my home.

Work went on for months

,when it was finished there was damage to our windows & doors where the render had ran because they applied it in wet weather.

They then scraped & hacked to remove the silicon leaving gouges in hard wood doors & scratches on pvc windows

. Abraham agreed to pay for remedial work & trades were appointed

, I can't get hold of him so the cost will fall on me to pay them.

I have just contacted our credit card company to see if they can get us our money back

. Sadley it's people like this that give trades a bad name

,we aren't talking hundreds of pounds but thousands, have these people no shame.

Please Please steer clear of this man & his company.

Can anyone give me advise on what to do next,

will my credit card get me a full refund

, do I pay the painter & cleaners who tidied the job up???.

Can't believe how gullible I've been.

If you paid anything by credit card then they are equally liable

Under section 75

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:mad2:Re: Abraham Jackson

I also hired Protective Rendering Solutions (Abraham Jackson) to render my home.

Work went on for months

,when it was finished there was damage to our windows & doors where the render had ran because they applied it in wet weather.

They then scraped & hacked to remove the silicon leaving gouges in hard wood doors & scratches on pvc windows

. Abraham agreed to pay for remedial work & trades were appointed

, I can't get hold of him so the cost will fall on me to pay them.

I have just contacted our credit card company to see if they can get us our money back

. Sadley it's people like this that give trades a bad name

,we aren't talking hundreds of pounds but thousands, have these people no shame.

Please Please steer clear of this man & his company.

Can anyone give me advise on what to do next,

will my credit card get me a full refund

, do I pay the painter & cleaners who tidied the job up???.

Can't believe how gullible I've been.

Would this have been covered under buildings insurance ? I think you have to notify your insurer that you are having work done.

• 1 month later...

http://www.worcsregservices.gov.uk/news/2015/guilty-conman-jailed-for-two-years.aspx

Harvil Alfonzo Shaw, 53, of Far Leys in Southwell, Nottinghamshire, appeared at Worcester Crown Court on July 1 where he pleaded guilty to fraud and consumer protection offences.

The court heard that Mr Shaw, who had a long track record of failing companies, ran a series of businesses offering wall-rendering services.

Hiding behind a series of slick websites, a convincing manner and a false name he gained business by offering insurance backed guarantees he could not honour and claiming membership of organisations such as the Green Deal to which he did not belong. He failed to give cancellation rights required by law and hid behind limited companies run by him but fronted by friends and a pseudonym ‘Abraham Jackson’.

Edited by citizenB

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

In summing up the judge referred to Mr Shaw as a common criminal, a conman who had caused loss to decent trusting people. These losses were described as not only financial but also the anxiety and stress caused to victims.

Costs of £8,824 were sought and the judge ordered a contribution of costs of £5,000 payable by 4pm on the 8th January 2016.

Presumably those people who were deceived will not be getting their money back !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

So long as you are insured, then you have little to worry about.

Harvil Shaw is a dishonest man who should have been sorted out a long time ago. His dishonesty touched everyone he dealt with and he even invoked the name of his own son as a director in one of his failed companies.

We tried many times to involve the police but they wouldn't listen to us as we were not personally the victims. That is another story of course, but Harvil Shaw could have been arrested and imprisoned a long time ago if the authorities had been more willing to listen.

• 2 weeks later...
Harvil Shaw was sent to prison for 2 years in July for fraud and consumer protection offences. I can't post the link because I am under 10 posts.

He was investigated by Worcestershire Regulatory Services.

Does anyone know if he's still in prison,is he still conducting business? Mr Jackson is still contacting me making promises to pay damages & correct faulty work?

Hi

I would suspect that Mr Shaw is still 'doing bird' as it has only been 2 months since his incarceration. having read some stuff on prisoners, he may serve just 6 months then a further 6 months on tag then the last year of the sentence will be an 'at risk period' (whatever that means)

I suspect Abraham Jackson is pseudonym as I can find nothing on Companies House for that name. If Mr Jackson is a real person, I would invite him here to explain how he will be paying compensation/refunds and putting things right. In what capacity is he in relation to all the companies that Mr Shaw has started and folded (voluntarily or otherwise)

HAS Rendering was wound up in September 2013.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 year later...

Protective rendering systems has now ceased trading....as I said before we did actually get insurance backing but the insurance company went bust so even then there are no guarantees. We did also make a partial credit card payment. Seems like partial credit card payment for any type of building work should be a given.

• 1 year later...

It would appear that they are now trading as Fisher Randall (Co Numbr 10639694) www fisherrandall com with SHAW, Micah James as the sole director. Abraham arranged for some of our house to be thermo boarded and rendered. No complaints but are looking to do the rest this has raised a concern or three...