• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Complaints procedure

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have an ongoing complaint with WDA.

On their website it says they deal with it then you can go to BCCA CSA or FOS. It then says the FOS timeline is 6months from the time WDA RECEIVE the complaint.

On my final response it said i could go to BCCA or FOS with the same time limits.

No mention of CSA

I have complained to BCCA and we are now two months on from the final response from WDA. and not response from BCCA.

What is my time limit for going to FOS?

What should i do next?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Nope. With FOS it's 8 weeks maximum from the time they recieve your complaint. If they issue you a final respons ebefore 8 weeks, then you can go through FOS then.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/4/handle-complaints.htm

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sorry renegade i think you misunderstood. I know WDA have 8 weeks but they responded sooner. They told me i could take it to either BCCA. OR FOS. BCCA. i was told is stage 2 of their complaints procedure.

I know i have a 6 month time limit to go to the FOS but is this six months from original complaint, six months from the final response of WDA or six months from the final response of the BCCA.

They are also members of CSA but failed to offer this as an option.

They have since sold the debt to MMF. and are denying any dispute.

MMF have also broken the law by failing to state complaints process,implying that they will get a ccj and also saying the doorstep collection rights do not apply to them. So today sent a complaint about them to CSA

If they respond sooner and its their final response, then you can escalate it to the FOS or otherwise. Six months is from the time of the initial complaint i think. But since the FOS say 8 weeks before they get involved, the 6 months thing is moot, unless these other bodies try to push their time limits to the six month limit.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Haha yea. It was a fast reply because i was on the forums checking for something and my email alerted me of a reply.

I was always under the impression it was 6 months from the initial complaint. At least thats what i was told back when i was contacting them about 3 DCA's a couple of years ago.

However, upon checking:

six months from the business sending the consumer a final response (which has to mention the six-month time limit); and

six years from the event the consumer is complaining about (or – if later – three years from when the consumer knew, or could reasonably have known, they had cause to complain).

You are indeed correct. Can i ask if the response you got was actually stated as a final response?

Edited by renegadeimp

Yes it was it then went on to state something like "you may if you disagree with my decision take it to stage 2 which is to go to our association the BCCA or the FOS. you have 6 months from the date of you complaint to go to the FOS"

I have to admit i usually scan every letter and keep every email in Google drive but this one isn't there. I am at my OH this weekend and won't be home till Tuesday where i know i have the original.

They issued a DN for one amount and on the same day sent an email stating i owed an extra £400. I have asked for explanation but got non.

WDA's.

Not quite sure I understand.

Usually you would submit a complaint to "A" who then have 8 weeks to deal with it or offer the FR letter - All the FR letters I have received advise "You have 6 months from the date of this letter to make your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman "

BCCA is a Trade Association who represents members who cash 3rd party cheques and the CSA a similar organisation that represent the likes of DCAs. What part exactly will they play in a decision !

I think it quite unreasonable if the BCCA and the CSA each have 8 weeks to look at your complaint before you can then go to the Ombudsman !

Did you make contact with the FOS ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CB. WDA. are in both the BCCA and CSA.

Alas i did not get off my are with my brain in gear to call the fos today.

On their website WDA say that you have 6 months from complaining to contact the fos. In my letter from Nov they said stage 2 of their complaints procedure is to go to the BCCA and ultimately to the fos.

This has been going on for a long time. In April 2012 they agreed to suspend payments for six months and asked me to confirm acceptance and get back to them in Oct. I replied and stated i would wait for them to contact me,a genuine mistake on my part. I had previously asked them specifically to contact me in writing and not email. Come October i heard nothing, however i had changed my primary email address and in November by chance checked my old one to find lots of emails from them. More letters and complaints followed until suddenly the debt went up by 400. 3 days later in the post i got a DN for the original amount. That gave me 14 days from date of letter From(do the maths). I asked for an explanation of the increase and got nothing except a final response. This was then sold to Motormile, i was informed by email. Meanwhile i had gone to the BCCA and they had agreed to look into it. I told MM it was in dispute and not to coming stealing doorstep. They replied with it wasn't in dispute and,the law on doorstep didn't apply to them and they may go for a ccj which when granted would lead to baliffs etc etc.

i think i need to do a full spreadsheet timeline of emails and letters.

The situation is that i am in so much debt i can not fairly pay anyone anything. If i pay them a quid a month i would have to be paying thirty odd quid a month out of my benefits to cover all my debts.

My only hope is that someone makes me bankrupt

FOs time limit is from the final response of the complaint to the OC. Not the agencies they have signed up with.

6 months from the final reponse from a DCA or creditor depending on which you made the formal complaint to.!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

This is interesting. In the time i used the company they paid into my account £4105 and i paid them £4785.5 so the fact that mmile want 1360 off me is quite annoying.

So in summary its six mobaths from their final response for WDA (not BCCA) and not as they say from the time of the initial complaint. and separately 6 months from when i get a final response for motormouth. (not a typo)

Thanks everyone.

Thanks Brigade but it didn't say that. When i get to a scanner i will scan the relevant parts to show what i mean. Will have to use someone's pc as i can not upload docs on the mobile version of this site. Unless of course you know differently :-)

IMHO, if WDA have a 3 stage complaint system then the 8 weeks should encompass the Main company and the 2 agencies. I think you would be best off getting it all confirmed by the Financial Ombudsman.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

They have indeed Brigadier but as there was some conflicting opinion and with no disrespect to anyone i feel happier now. I could always add to my complaint that they gave false info on their website.

*****As someone on this or another site says" never take for granted what you are told on the web"****

What other site?

I am sorry if anyone feels i am doubting their integrity, but we know little about anyone's experience.

With due respect though i do feel that there is a closed shop on some issues.

If you read it was one of the site team CB who suggested that i confirm it with the fos. I did and reported back.

They have indeed Brigadier but as there was some conflicting opinion and with no disrespect to anyone i feel happier now. I could always add to my complaint that they gave false info on their website.

*****As someone on this or another site says" never take for granted what you are told on the web"****

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: