DWP home vist

hayleyjane123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recived a phone call today and it was from the DWP wanting to come to my home to talk about my income support claim, i started my claim in December when my ex husdand left me pregnant and with no money has anyone had this vist? what happened? really worried about it do they think iam a benifit cheat? all these things are going through my head making me very scared, iam now 36 weeks pregnant and feeling scared and stressed.

Please can anyone help

it is fairly common for the compliance team to carry out a home visit when a claim is made following a relationship breakdown

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

They visited me 13 yrs ago when I was first single & started claiming IS. Pretty sure they also wanted the exes details for CSA at the time.

It never crossed my mind that it was anything but normal proceedure, just goes to show how they put the wind up people these days!

it is probably just a routine compliance visit to make sure you are not still with your ex

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

They visited me a few years ago following a separation. It would have been routine except for the lady that came out decided that as my fil lived with us and ate with us and I did his washing etc. that that made him my partner. Fortunately someone back at her office saw sense ...

if you don't have any such complications like that you will be absolutely fine.

Okay so i had my home visit yesterday and it was not bad at all he just asked me about my relationship and if i think i would be getting back with my ex wrote it all down in a statement and asked me to sign it and that was it! over in less that half a hour the only thing tho is i have read from other people who had a home visit that they wanted to see some id, bank statement , he did not ask for any of mine why was that??

compliance visits are conducted for many different reasons, in your case it was to clarify whether you had reconciled or were likely to reconcile with your former partner, so that was what the questions were restricted to