Lowell/Carter claimform - old Littlewoods cat Debt ..**Settled by Consent Order** missed payments - now AOE -

jboyd83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received a "notice of proposed allocation to small claims track" from Lowell??.....

1. This is now a defended claim

2. It appears that the case is suitable for allocation to the small claims track

3. You must by 8 September complete small claims directions questionnaire and file with the county court

What does it mean?.... Should I ring Bryan carter's back regarding the consent order?!

As stated you must still comply with procedure and submit your DQ by the date stated.Why have you not already amended and submitted the consent order?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andyorch... I have already amended the consent order and signed it, I posted it on Wednesday?....

So I still complete the DQ....am I supposed to agree that small claims track is appropriate or am I supposed to answer no to such questions and explain that I have signed a consent order?...

Complete it as normal as if no settlement...yes to mediation and the rest is self explanatory.3 copies ...court claimant and your file.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 4 weeks later...

Check with the court if they have received it and check the status of the claim ...should be stayed.

Andy

Excellent...just post when you have conformation jboyd and I will amend your thread title to reflect the outcome of the claim.

Regards

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya, got my consent order signed! Great stuff thanks so much for all your help!

Also got a letter from PE saying they have stopped the court case.....(!!!!!)

So relieved...absolutely over the moon in fact!

Cheers CAGGERS!!

Excellent Jboyd...delighted that this has been resolved for you.

Thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

• 2 years later...

Hi sorry for ressurrecting this thread but ..

..ive just rang up bryan carters to pay an instalment over the phone.

..only to be told sorry its been passed to lowell solicitors..

.rang lowell solicitors to be told ah yes blah blah debt of £7000 odd whatever.

..I said err no try half that.

...to which they were a bit stumped.

off he goes to look for the details "oh we dont have the consent order...we tried to get a copy from the court but theyve lost it...can you email us a copy?"

I said err no....

Now im sat wondering what on earth i do..

..i said hold on im paying £20 a month to the same account since 2014..

.and now you're trying to say i owe £7000 odd when i have a consent order

so am I paying money to a debt i dont have as thats not the right amount.

.and how can you chase a debt with incorrect details??

Can anyone help me as i now dont want to make this payment if its going to mean im paying a debt that is not enforceable or if it means im technically agreeing i owe the larger amount by paying it?

you pay what the consent orders says and only that amount.

ideally you should ever be ringing these muppets

why cant you pay by standing order using your banks interweb portal

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Total one off

i was paying by SO but im out of the country at the moment and our uk acc is empty.

I just didnt want to default on it....

i should still pay it and it wont mean im agreeing to the £7000 odd by paying?

Bryan Carters Solicitors ceased trading in 2015

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/OC351865

I would be asking for a statement of your payments since that date .....particularly as Lowells seem to have a different figure .

Andy

Ok but do i still pay the usual payment today?

Also....what is the reason for asking for payment history?

They said every payment ive made has been received each month.

The account has been passed through bryan carter then frederickson then lowell solicitors.....

but the original consent order is for lowell portfolio i think.

Is there a beneficial purpose to getting a payment history?

Thank you

well you wanted to know what the £7000 was ?

The account has been passed through bryan carter then frederickson then lowell solicitors.....

but the original consent order is for lowell portfolio i think. ...all the same lot!

yes id pay it abide by the consent order

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes so you can account for the correct balance and that all your payments have been received/passed on.Make your normal payment to Lowell today.

The only reason I suggest getting a statement is you stated they said you owe £7k you said try half of that..that suggests to me that payments may have gone adrift ?

Ok i understand, i have a record of every payment ive made via my bank so i presume that is enough.

By 'half of that' i mean the consent order was for approx half of that.

The original amount they wanted before they agreed to the CO was £7/8000

I was trying to understand if the debt had been 'sold on' or whatever it is they do and whether the CO still stands or if that meant something wasnt right (as in how can someone else take it over).

Sorry...because i dont know the terms of things and how they work i wasnt sure how to word the question.

I read that sometimes DCAs sell on debt and means it isnt enforceable...thats sort of what i was trying to work out.

I know where they get the £7000 from

- its the original amount they chased up.

..but the CO wasnt for that

i was concerned why it had suddenly reverted back to that when theres a CO.

Thank you

well you wanted to know what the £7000 was ?

but the original consent order is for lowell portfolio i think. ...all the same lot!

yes id pay it abide by the consent order

Ok thank you dx. I was wondering why it had changed back not what it is,

its the original amount tgey tried tp collect before the CO was agreed at approx half.

Thats fine as long as you have all your paperwork for payments made and know exactly what the true balance is...thats all that matters...and keep that copy of the Consent Order safe.

• 2 years later...

Hi

I could kick myself for this but

Ive stupidly forgotten to sort out a debt that I was previously flipping paying as it was a Consent order!

Id stopped paying whilst trying to deal with that debt and many others,

reason i stopped was because they stated I owed more when the consent order wasnt for that amount but then were saying couldnt find consent order, also then it moved hands....its just a complete accidental mess.

Ive literally found a letter today wedged under my doormat it must have been there a while,

stating a CCJ has been registered but I knew nothing about it.

I was even paying this consent order from Australia...

this has just been a total mess up from me by forgetting to ring the court and get the details of the consent order to prove the agreed amount.

Is there anything I can do.

Its a huge huge debt, I was just getting myself sorted and have epically failed..

is this the old littlewoods debt

and they