help with ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have also posted this on pepipoo but thought someone on here may have advice

i have a friend at work who got a ticket today, i have not had to sort one out yet so a bit of my depth but from what i have read the ticket doesnt look right i will post the details here could someone let me know if in fact it is wrong so i can start getting pen to paper ref legistration ect

my friend took her dog to the vet for gods knows how long the car park opposite was free for one hour if you had an appointment with the vet, so she parks up appointment at 1100 and at 1117 ticket issued, i got here to ring the vet to see any signs had gone up in the vets to stop this arrangement, they told her no just the sign saying it was free had come down,

and this had only happened in the last few months

thanks in advance

west wiltshire district council

road traffic regulation act 1984 - section 32(1) & 35(1)

west wiltshire (off street parking places) order 2006

notice to pay excess charge

to the driver of the vehicle number xxxxx

which was parked at xxxxxxx

at 1117hrs on 121006 officer nc

an excess charge of 60 has been incurred for the following reason (s)

a) that no valid ticket or special authorisiation was displayed this is ticked

b) that the vehicle was left in postion other than that specified eg not wholly within a marked bay, parked in a disabled bay

c) that the time allowed by ticket no.....had expired at.....

d)that the maximum permitted parking period of..........hours for the car park had been exceeded at.....

e)vehicle not of specified class

f)other.....(see notes below)

you are therefore required to pay the excess charge of 60, or the lesser sum my be applicable

notes fnn1105

08-1905259-2 photograph taken? this is not ticked

vehicle make xxxx colour xxxx

payment details

if payment is received within 14 days of the date of the notice then the sum of 30 will be accepted as full settlement.

after 14 days you are required to pay 60 within 30 days of the date of thi snotice (there spelling mistake) to the address below, either by post or in person, any cheque should be made payable to west wiltshire district council. you must include this notice or the notice number

if you do not pay within 30 days you will be liable to both prosecution and recovery of the 60 excess charge together with additional costs

appeals

no appeals will be accepted by telephone or in person, please use the appeal form enclosed. if you appeal within 14 days of this notice enclosing 30, this will be the total amount due if your appeal is unsuccessful. if your appeal is successful, this money will be refunded. if yoy appeal without sending 30 and your appeal is unsuccessful, you will be liable to pay 60

so is this a valid parking ticket, first thing that i can see is no date of issue is there anything else wrong.

thanks in advance for any advice

steve

Hi

The ticket must state a date of issue, also you mention signage (free sign had been taken down). There should be a sign at the entrance stating that it is either a Pay & Display car park or permits only, there should also be signs within the car park detailing that it is operated under the following "west wiltshire district council

road traffic regulation act 1984 - section 32(1) & 35(1)

west wiltshire (off street parking places) order 2006" order. The sign should (if memory serves me correctly) also detail the offences that you can be fined for.Go to the car park and take lots of photo's, get your appeal in as quick as you can, stating that you appealing under the following grounds a) the ECN is incorrect as it has no date of issue and b) there are no or incorrect signage within the car park and on the entrance.

I have used the term ECN as under the 84 act they are ECNs(Excess Charge Notices) and under the 91 act they are PCNs (Penalty Charge Notices)

Hope that helps

:)

thanks for fast reply i have never had to help with a ticket before but have read all the threads and the first thing i thought it has to have a date of issue, i will go and get some photos tomorrow and start knocking letter up

thanks for advice

will let you know how it goes.

steve