extra week esa payment

NaughtyPanda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

I've been in the ESA Support group for the last year and was just reassessed and put back in without a medical.

I had my usual ESA and DLA fortnightly payment early due to the actual payment date falling on Xmas Day,

and am due housing benefit on Monday 31st Decemner with my next ESA payment due on 8th January.

However, my bank account this morning shows a payment of £119.85 (equates to a week of ESA) due in (alongside my housing benefit) on Monday.

The Payment is simply marked as 'automated' with no other identifying information.

I'm immensely paranoid at seeing this.

Why has this occurred?

Does this mean my ESA is now weekly?

Could this be a potential problem?

Any reassurance would be great fully received.

Title basically says it all really. I was due payment Xmas day, which I got on the 21st. No problems there . But I seemed to have got another weeks pay today . My next payment is only due on the 8th Jan .

Any suggestions ?

I also had an extra payment an so did a friend of mine, im not 100% but I think it's got somethin to do with how long the gap is without a payment according to the law.. And as the was bank holidays an people get paid early some people would wait more than 2 weeks without payment so I think this extra payment is taken into consideration when our payments for the year is worked out so you should (((fingers crossed )) receive full payment on your next due date. I normally get paid £71.00 per week every 2weeks and received an extra payment of £56.92 and my payments due on the 8th also?? Hope this helps a little.

I also had an extra payment an so did a friend of mine, im not 100% but I think it's got somethin to do with how long the gap is without a payment according to the law.. And as the was bank holidays an people get paid early some people would wait more than 2 weeks without payment so I think this extra payment is taken into consideration when our payments for the year is worked out so you should (((fingers crossed )) receive full payment on your next due date. I normally get paid £71.00 per week every 2weeks and received an extra payment of £56.92 and my payments due on the 8th also?? Hope this helps a little.

Thanks for your reply . My payment was one week in full . 95.86. Ni think I will have to keep hold of it just in case . I hope your right but I can't see the dwp giving you money for nothing to be honest

It seems lots of people who had payments due on Xmas day paid early on 21st have had a weeks money paid into their accounts in the last few days, nothing to worry about, its possibly something to do with the length of time between payments being too long.

Answer to this query......................there was a fault with the advance payments and in addition to the caes that needed advancing on Tuesday 1st the other payment weeks were also advanced, not everyone has been affected but there are a lot of people who have been paid an off cycle 1 week payment, on your next payment due date 1 week will be paid to bring payments back into the correct cycle.

Heyy all ok so I'm on Esa the support group with severe disability Allowance included an receive my payments every 2 weeks I last got my 2 weekly money on the 27th December to last me until the 10th January where I should get my next 2 weeks payment however checking my bank this morning 3rd january 2013 esa have paid 1 weeks money into my bank although working out dates I shouldn't be due anything until the 10th this is worrying me for the possible fact have they taken me off my benefit an give me my final payment or something? :( I have had to renew my dla recently an the form hasn't been processed yet an there is now an 8 week waiting list so I'm not sure weather esa would stop my benefit due to now currently not being in receipt of dla? Although the weekly payment included my severer disability premium for being on middle rate care allowance from dla any advice would be very grateful really nervous now as don't have a clue what's happening :'(

Heyy all ok so I'm on Esa the support group with severe disability Allowance included an receive my payments every 2 weeks I last got my 2 weekly money on the 27th December to last me until the 10th January where I should get my next 2 weeks payment however checking my bank this morning 3rd january 2013 esa have paid 1 weeks money into my bank although working out dates I shouldn't be due anything until the 10th this is worrying me for the possible fact have they taken me off my benefit an give me my final payment or something? :( I have had to renew my dla recently an the form hasn't been processed yet an there is now an 8 week waiting list so I'm not sure weather esa would stop my benefit due to now currently not being in receipt of dla? Although the weekly payment included my severer disability premium for being on middle rate care allowance from dla any advice would be very grateful really nervous now as don't have a clue what's happening :'(

See post number 8 above by Flumps1976. It seems to have been a processing error and you should get one week's money on the 10th to bring everything back in line.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

hi all quick question, I was got my put in support group starting from today which is week 14 for me, I got a payment of esa into my account for 1 weeks money today at the assessment rate, would that mean they are going to change how they are going to pay me ???

my esa payment which is paid fortnightly has been paid a week early.

I have only received one weeks worth though and was wondering why this has happened. No doubt that i will get my other week next week .

The payment for 2 weeks money was not due until next Friday?

any one else been paid a weeks worth of benefit early?

yes lots of people inc me

puzzling to say the least

p'haps its a new xmas thing?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i thought it may be an xmas thing also but my full payment was not due until next week, i had my last payment last week covering 2 weeks. So it does not make sense as it should leave their system next Tuesday?

same here

however i'm a week in arrears not paid up front?

so mine is 'correct' if they chose to pay weekly over xmas

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

merged with the running thread

the answer is above

dx

and they

No there has been a fault with advanced payments for the week of New Year, it is a national error which top brass were trying to establish what had happened (not much success though), on your next payday you will receive 1 weeks benefit with the following payment expected to be your normal fornights money.

does anybody know if this affected jsa payments too,i was due to sign on the 26th,recieved payment as i normally would on the 29th,then on the 5th i recieved exactly half a payment-exactly a week early,not due to sign again till the 9th with a payment on 12th

allways get very worried when i recieve random payments,im meticolous about complying with wp and the jc ,first thisn that goes through my head is ive been sanctioned and not informed ,or somebody has told the jc im working or some other lie and they stop money with not informing me.

hopefully it is just a balls up,hate the kids seing me worried(no reason to be worried,but this is the jobcenter)

Hello all.

I've been in the ESA Support group for the last year and was just reassessed and put back in without a medical.

I had my usual ESA and DLA fortnightly payment early due to the actual payment date falling on Xmas Day,

and am due housing benefit on Monday 31st Decemner with my next ESA payment due on 8th January. Hi had one weeks esa paid in to my account on 3rd Jan im not due til the 7th i got really stressed we went to jobcentre to use there phone as soon as i got on the the phone a message said if you are on jsa or esa we have paid half of your money early and the other half will be paid as usual on your due date, i didn't speak to anyone after waiting a while i gave up, i will check bank on Thursday and ring them if there is any problems, hope this is a help to everyone i know its stressful, check bank on your due date and the rest should be paid in

However, my bank account this morning shows a payment of £119.85 (equates to a week of ESA) due in (alongside my housing benefit) on Monday.

The Payment is simply marked as 'automated' with no other identifying information.

I'm immensely paranoid at seeing this.

Why has this occurred?

Does this mean my ESA is now weekly?

Could this be a potential problem?

Any reassurance would be great fully received.

rang from jobcentre to find out why i had one weeks esa paid in to my account early, as soon as i got on the phone i got this message if you are on jsa or esa we have paid half of your money early and the rest will be paid in to your account on your due date no explanation as to why hope this is a help to everyone i know its stressful check bank on your due date, i didn't speak to anyone at dwp after waiting for someone to answer i gave up and thought i would wait til the 7th and try and not worry after hearing the message

rang from jobcentre to find out why i had one weeks esa paid in to my account early, as soon as i got on the phone i got this message if you are on jsa or esa we have paid half of your money early and the rest will be paid in to your account on your due date no explanation as to why hope this is a help to everyone i know its stressful check bank on your due date, i didn't speak to anyone at dwp after waiting for someone to answer i gave up and thought i would wait til the 7th and try and not worry after hearing the message

It's a processing error or perhaps a computer error of some sort. Those affected should check their payments on their next due date in January - this should be one further week's benefit.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It's a processing error or perhaps a computer error of some sort. Those affected should check their payments on their next due date in January - this should be one further week's benefit.

yes I just check my account and have got credit for one week.