Some help required please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have now been in my IVA for 6 months, it’s tough, we makethe payments, but being disabled and living on benefits makes it a very hardthing for us.

I so wish I went bankrupt instead, it more than likely wouldhave lasted just a year or less.

My details are, been working from home has a disabled self -employed, I only sell books about my health, they don’t make much, about £50 amonth if lucky.

My income to live on these last 15 years has been all inwork benefits, because of my disabilities I live on, tax credits with a disabledadd on, my wife’s carer’s allowance, and disability living allowance for careand mobility.

We pay £110 a monthfrom my benefits, if I was not on benefits we could not pay, we do not in anycircumstances wish to pay more, but feel we would rather, from my health’spoint of view take me bankrupt.

I suffer with so many medical problems because of a rarebrain disorder that gives me a lot of medical problems; simply put I am alwaysin stress over my current situation.

When we ran up our debt which is nearly 50k, it was likemost credit cards, and a business loan, most of the money went on a lot of ourdaily living that we could not afford, and water gas food, and other stuff.

But during the 8 year build-up of our debt because of mylack of earnings and being disabled, we foolishly took a few risks, we spentaround £500 off one of our credit cards online the forex market hoping that wecould make enough to pay our debt off, and of course it did not work, we alsoplayed around £400 over some months on online roulette, and £80 on onlinebingo, all off 3 different credit cards we had, not for thrill, not for greed,just to try and get out of the mess we were in.

If we go into bankruptcy on our own backs by dropping ourIVA, will the fact we have this on our credit card statements give us griefwhen facing the official receiver ????Because I am so worried that it would.

We are so sure that in the new - year we will just go for bankruptcy in hope to be rid of this for good, so Ican finally relax, I have been so ill with what I have and would rather call ita day.

Any help and guidance would be so so helpful.

Thanks in anticipation

With due respect to CAG, I would post your question up on the MSE Bankruptcy and Living With It forum.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136

There are lots of people on there who can advise - both experts and people who have gone through similar. And the OR generally only look back about 2 years in to your history.

But as above, please post on MSE for a bigger audience for your question.

I have read that the OR will take a dim view on debt due to gambling - if your debt is all gambling you might be in trouble. If a small percentage is due to it then you will probably be OK.