unfair dismissal - employment tribunal letter for remedy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have my case accepted by the Employment Tribunal and I need to set out in writing “what remedy the tribunal is being asked to award”.

I am claiming unfair dismissal and outstanding payment. Last week the respondent received the claim and decided to pay my wages… they already paid half of the money and promised to pay me the other half in 2 weeks… PS: I don’t believe them, as they have sent 2 cheques to me and they stopped the payment on both.

I would like some advise on what I am requesting as a “remedy” (I have 5 questions):

- [1] Outstanding wages (only the half missing, right? But what happens if they pay me it before the hearing?)

- [2] Loss of past earnings (from my last day of work to ____ – hearing date or the date of this letter?)

- [3] Loss of future earnings (I didn’t find a job yet… and I don’t know when I will find :( … how long can I include here? 6 months?)

The Employment Tribunal is also asking me to “include any evidence and documentation supporting what is claimed and how it is calculated”.

[4] What kind of documentation shall I include?

[5] Can I claim any compensation regarding the late payment and/or the two cheques with payment stopped?

Many thanks.

Set out your full claim, including loss of earnings as a result. Point out that the cheques your employer sent you post-ET1 claim have both bounced. If they settle early, that does not matter, as your remedy will have changed anyway by the time you have your hearing and your losses are likely to be even more by then, if you have not found a job. If you succeed you will be given an opportunity to update your losses.