Council Tax Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went to court today to argue against the council tax figure.

It looks like it was yesterday I should have been there.

I rang the council on Monday to check and they said they would ring back but didn't (it was just a call centre).

I also rang the court on Tuesday morning and they said the council was in on Wednesday afternoon.

I intended to argue my case in court.

Any ideas what is the best thing to do now if it was yesterday?

I say if as even the court people didn't know.

Thanks,

Keith

hi keith,

if you can not get a new court date, then if i was in your position, i would do something like this:

1. write a letter asking for a court hearing because you were misinformed.

2. if they wont allow a new court hearing, get a copy of all the telephone calls you had with them, you are entitled to a copy of all your calls under the Data Protection Act. If you google: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=subject+access+request you can read more info

3. apply to the court for a new court date. give the reasons why and state you have evidence to show that you were misled concerning the date

4. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=echr+right+to+fair+trial will give you details about having a fair trial, ECHR article 6.

hopefully someone else can suggest something better?!

Hi Keith

You should have been given written confirmation of the Court date and time not a phone call.

I would do as suggested by deano_uk but I would also make a Formal Complaint to the council using there Complaints Procedure.

I would also contact the Court and ask there advice on getting this set aside as you were given the incorrect date and time of the court hearing by the council. (They will advise you of the paperwork to fill in other caggers will know the procedure for this)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group