ESA WRAG notes on gov.uk

speedfreek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We'll who would have believed it? Just looking for ESA 2012 rates when I came across this little gem on the new government portal website.

https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/what-youll-get

Work-related support and interviews

After 13 weeks of ESA you’ll be put into a group.

In the Work-Related Activity Group - you’ll be expected to look for work and go to regular interviews with an adviser. The adviser can help with things like job goals, improving your skills, work-related issues. Your ESA may stop if you don’t take part in these interviews. Contribution-based ESA lasts 1 year if you’re put into the Work-Related Activity Group.

Now I know the DWP and ministers want it to be JSA light but as far as I'm aware preparation and looking for are two separate and fundamentally different things?

You can complain highlight errors on the site by going to the home page, scroll down and select contact us.

Thanks for this

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

:Eligibility for Employment n Support Allowance:

Assuming I haven't missed some new legislation, Part 3 of the notes is err ......

It suggests that anyone with savings of more than £16,000 is ineligible for the contribution based flavour of employment n support allowance. So far as I know, savings (apart from any income derived from them) are irrelevant to contribution based benefits.

Margaret.

Mmmmmm my Money Saving Expert thread has been demoted and moved to Discussion time :lol:

Consumer champions my :madgrin: So rather terse report saying they should pull their finger out has been sent :wink:

Also submitted this as a news article on the site which can not be named :???: TNK :D

Not sure what estellyns' been taking but that's as coherent as the advice on gov.uk you lookin for a job? :!:

Not sure what estellyns' been taking but that's as coherent as the advice on gov.uk you lookin for a job? :!:

:lol: I was referring to margaret talking about 'flavours' of ESA, and was colourfully trying to make the point that contribution based ESA has two flavours - a nice one if you're in the support group, and a nasty cheap one if in wRAG and fall foul of the 365 day time limit.

Maybe its the opiates getting to me. :madgrin:

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

GOV.UK

Work n Pensions appear to have been doing some homework.

Still lacking in detail but, so far as I can see, what they've now written about employment n support allowance is correct.

How'd they get their first attempt so wrong :?::?::?:.

A very :suspicious: Margaret.

Who's so entitled to chocolate but'll probably have to put up with baked beans, or worse!

Edited by **Margaret**