Looks like I am about to be refused ESA - ** OVERTURNED **

bigissue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I had a call this morning from the job centre telling me that I got zero points on my medical and that I am likely to be refused ESA. I am devastated and don't know what to do. The man asked me if I had anything to say in my favour and I pointed to be honest I was probably so taken a back that I didn't make a good case for myself. I did point out that earlier this year I was placed in the Support Group under special circumstances and that my health was actually worse now. He said that it was now six months on from that time so things would have changed and that didn't apply any more. I again said that things had only changed for the worse.

I did give him additional information about my medication, further appointments and tests I am awaiting but I don't know if it is likely to have any effect. He said he will look again at my claim and I will get a letter in the next week letting me know their desicion. From what I could gather it does appear like information I gave the doctor conducting my assesment was missing so it looked like he was typing it all up but in reality he was missing lots out. I will need to get my ESA85 to confirm this.

I was so put on the spot to be honest I feel like I messed up my chance to put my position over to him properly. I was only on the phone to him a few minutes he started off by saying that we had plenty of time to talk but then it was like he couldn't get off the phone fast enough.

I just don't think I can take it if I have to appeal and I'll end up going back to horrible problems and sanctions with the job centre who were the ones who pushed me to apply for esa in the first instance. I did tell him that if I was refused ESA I would have no option but to appeal.

Is there anything else I can do or is it too late now?

Well just to update you, the man has just called me back to tell me he is putting me back into the support group for a while, not sure how long but what a relief. Should get a letter out next week confirming it. I can't believe it, maybe there is a God after all! Certainly I am sure a lot of DWP decision makers must struggle with the ethics of their job.

Still it only goes to show how corrupt ATOS are if you can go from zero points to support group on the strength of a phone call.

That's good news; but it is ridiculous!

Yes it is, I had previously decided not to record my assesments and give ATOS the benefit of the doubt but it seems that the first time I was lucky, next time I will request a recorded assessment as not doing so seems make them feel they have the liberty to put what they like on the report. I would strongly advise everyone request a recorded assesment as sadly ATOS cannot be trusted, stating the obvious I know!