Information on Job grant JSA

llama247
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was told by a CSA on the phone that you have to have an uninterrupted claim for 26 week before you are eligible for it so if you have had any sanctions or anything during your claim it sets it back to 0 essentially.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Employedorlookingforwork/DG_10018789

Sanctions are interupptions of your JSA payment and disallowances definitely set the clock back to 0 but as far as I was aware sanctions don't as your claim is still live during the period of sanction.

Job grants are due to be removed from 1st April 2013

so from 2013 we are going to have the crazy situation of people getting jobs, maybe having to wait 4 to 5 weeks for first paycheck, but having absolutely no money in order to survive or pay petrol/bus/train fares in order to get to the job that this govt insists that we all try and get...crazy isnt the word for it....

so from 2013 we are going to have the crazy situation of people getting jobs, maybe having to wait 4 to 5 weeks for first paycheck, but having absolutely no money in order to survive or pay petrol/bus/train fares in order to get to the job that this govt insists that we all try and get...crazy isnt the word for it....

The whole 'job grant' thing is new to me - the last time I was on JSA I was out of work for 27 weeks, and I got the CT/HB run on but was told that any help with travel or living expenses until my first pay day would be from a 'discretionary fund' and basically not to bother applying because it had been used up! I was lucky that the job I got was weekly paid and that a relative was kind enough to loan me the money for my first week's travel, or I don't know what we would have done.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

• 4 months later...

I had a disallowance a few weeks ago, my claim remained live and I received hardship payment in that period. I have now found a job and been told today that I do not qualify for the job grant. Moreover, was told I would not qualify for the 4 weeks housing benefit run on because of that either!!!! I'm furious considering the whole thing was the Job Centre's mistake and fault and they messed me about so much. I regret not appealing their decision there and then! Where do I stand? Since I received hardship payment, doesn't that mean I was still claiming? Thank you very much.

If I understood the Job Grant situation it's not worth claiming it. When HB is calculated they take in to account the Job Grant, therefore what you gain you will loose. Boopy, do you know when the HB run on ends??? I know it's being stopped out when Universal Credit starts but think it stops before?

how ridiculous when I am hearing that jobseekers are expected to travel up to 1 and half hours each way to and from work, so if having to wait a month for first wage, how the hell are they supposed to manage....I cant believe they are getting away with this sh***

I did not know that it was taken into account when calculating the HB run on!!! I don't know when the run on ends either, sorry, but I am going to claim it this week if I can so it is irrelevant to me. Anyway, I mostly care about my rent being paid until I start being paid from my job in the first instance and I don't really care about the Job Grant that much in that respect.

If I understood the Job Grant situation it's not worth claiming it. When HB is calculated they take in to account the Job Grant, therefore what you gain you will loose. Boopy, do you know when the HB run on ends??? I know it's being stopped out when Universal Credit starts but think it stops before?

I do not believe this is correct. Any of our HB guys want to weigh in?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.