Clampers!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was clamped in Bluewater a couple of weeks ago and charged £75 release fee. My anger came from having no knowledge that I had parked illegally - I was apparently on a pedestrain walk way but there was only a small white man painted on the floor of the OPPOSITE bay (not where I was parked) which was obscured from view by another car. The walk way itself actually has large, concrete pillars in the middle and is outlined in white just like the other bays. There are no horizontal stripes, although on closer inspection the tarmac is a faded red which I hadn't noticed.

However, I have had my appeal rejected and I wondered if I could sue them for the return of my £75 through the small claims court??

Any ideas?????

Work is the curse of the drinking classes!!

I was clamped in Bluewater a couple of weeks ago and charged £75 release fee.

However, I have had my appeal rejected and I wondered if I could sue them for the return of my £75 through the small claims court??

Any ideas?????

I would assume that Bkluewater is a private company and this is neither police nor council action; but a private clamping company.

Yes, you can sue them via the SCC.

Go over to PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice for help - there is a parking forum.

I would suggest you get down there sharpish and take some photos of the bay where you parked to back up your claim. Then you will be in a better position to take action through the small claims court if the photos show that the bay is poorly marked. Take photos of any signs in the area too (if there are any).