Scooter towed from canary wharf

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently on a night out in canary wharf I had my scooter towed by a private company, canary wharf being private land. I was able to recover it at a cost of £180, I had parked there for 3 hours until I noticed that it had been taken.

My scooter was parked off the road, next to a fence, not causing an obstruction. The reason that they gave was that it had been left unattended, and that there are signs as you enter canary wharf giving warning. Obviously when I parked I had not seen any signs other than one on the railing saying that anything locked to them would be removed.

The following day I returned to canary wharf and saw a sign as I enterd which warned that it was not allowed for vehicles to be parked on the road and that any left unattended would be removed.

My point being that I was not parked on the road, and that because of an absence of a comma on thier sign it implied that unattended vehicles parked on the road would be removed and not simply that any unattended vehicle would be removed. therefore I feel that removing my scooter was unfair, do I have a course to challenge this and how do I do it?.

Recently on a night out in canary wharf I had my scooter towed by a private company, canary wharf being private land. I was able to recover it at a cost of £180, I had parked there for 3 hours until I noticed that it had been taken.

My scooter was parked off the road, next to a fence, not causing an obstruction. The reason that they gave was that it had been left unattended, and that there are signs as you enter canary wharf giving warning. Obviously when I parked I had not seen any signs other than one on the railing saying that anything locked to them would be removed.

The following day I returned to canary wharf and saw a sign as I enterd which warned that it was not allowed for vehicles to be parked on the road and that any left unattended would be removed.

My point being that I was not parked on the road, and that because of an absence of a comma on thier sign it implied that unattended vehicles parked on the road would be removed and not simply that any unattended vehicle would be removed. therefore I feel that removing my scooter was unfair, do I have a course to challenge this and how do I do it?.

I know its not the council you are dealig with but I'm sure that the following will help.

Councils that tow away cars 'could be breaching human rights laws' | the Daily Mail

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS