British Gas - Insurance Policy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok Guys

Here is a nice one for you;

I have a all singing all dancing (supposedly) Insurance policy with British Gas. Its meant to cover me for all kitchen appliances, water pipes, electrics and gas central heating boiler.

Trouble is that EVERYTIME I call them out is takes about a week for the engineer to come. He basically looks and then leaves, informing you that he will be back in a week with the parts....

Unfortunately this NEVER happens, the engineer either;

1. Does not turn up after you have taken the day off work..

2. Calls and tells you that he has been to your house when you have been in all day! LIES

3. Turns up and tells you that they have given him the wrong parts...

Tried complaining to customer services;

I think they have been on the "How to be extreemly unhelpful and annoying course"......

1. They won't give you a time when the engineer can come out - just a date (yes I really do want to stay trapped in my house all day long)!

2. They won't pass your number onto engineer so that he can call you when he is leaving the job before yours (although they have done this in the past).

3. Won't send a letter explaining why they constantly let you down even though you are paying £500.00 a year for this "GOLD" service (ha ha ha - that one stil makes me laugh)...

4. Will not call you back when you request to speak to a manager...

I am soooo fed up with them...anyone got any idea's?... I hate this company!

Slinky

**WON** 09.11.06 MBNA No 2: £1876.28 Credit Card Charges

**WON** 25.10.06 CAPITAL ONE: £656.67 Credit Card Charges

**WON** 19.10.06 ABBEY NATIONAL (4524): £523.43 Bank Charges Claim

Cancel and get cover with someone else, then go after them for a refund/part-refund on their policy, as they are not fulfilling their part of the contract. I think they were on Watchdog for exactly the same thing last year.

Hi.

Can i ask what you called them out for?.. Broken appliance or boiler?

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Broken appliance - washing machine (AGAIN) very difficult to have this out of action with a disabled child, however accrording to British Gas that makes no difference. I was without the damm machine for a month!

**WON** 09.11.06 MBNA No 2: £1876.28 Credit Card Charges

**WON** 25.10.06 CAPITAL ONE: £656.67 Credit Card Charges

**WON** 19.10.06 ABBEY NATIONAL (4524): £523.43 Bank Charges Claim