ATOS nurse can't deal with son, only a doctor.

george1949
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son attended is medical only to be turned away because there were no doctors available as apparently nurses can't deal with people with learning disabilities/ bipolar. I'm wondering does this give us more of a chance to pass the medical.

My son attended is medical only to be turned away because there were no doctors available as apparently nurses can't deal with people with learning disabilities/ bipolar. I'm wondering does this give us more of a chance to pass the medical.

I doubt if it makes any difference. I know of one case where an ATOS doctor stated that he wasn't aware that Lithium was used to treat mental health conditions, that the mental health condition had been going on for two years and should have righted itself and that if the claimant was still suffering from it, it must be another similar problem unconnected with the first (PTSD). The claim was denied on that report. No attempt was made to contact the GP or the consultant psychiatrist.

Unfortunately that decision was never appealed against at the time due to mental illness and not realising what had to be done. It was left to stand.

Some 8 years down the line it was changed on the basis of medical evidence.

Has the medical been re-arranged with a doctor now George? It's hard to tell if this will help your son's case, although it seems odd that the appointment wasn't made with the right people in the first place!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.