• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

GOOD (me sometimes) V EVIL (A&L)**WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone , I'm just at the begining of the process of reclaiming bank charges. Can any body advise me if I am entiltled to a full set of bank statements for 72 months or just a list of the charges for £10. I would like to claim the interest back but I dont know if the interest is shown in a printed out list of the charges supplied for your bank.

The A&L have offered to send a printed list but wont send the full statements. Thanks - Williiam. :)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you sent a S.A.R you are entitled to all information they hold on you if they have just sent the charges then send letter 2

best of luck

SETTLED CASES

LTSB (CC) £20 21-8-06

HSBC (CC) £600 19-10-06

HSBC (Ac) No.1 £1900 25-10-06

RBS (CC) £900 25-10-06

Smile (Ac) £1300 17-11-06

A&L (Ac) No.1 £400 23-11-06

A&L (Mortgage ERC) £3900 4-12-06

LTSB (Ac) £200 13-12-06

A&L (Ac) No.2 £120 19-12-06

HSBC (Ac) No.2 £650 29-12-06

LTSB (Business) £1700 13-2-07

RBS (Ac) £4500 + Default Removal 17-3-07

Barclays (Bus) Warrant of Execution 10-3-07 not used yet

ONGOING CASES

Egg (CC) N1 Filed £1300 + Default Removal Judgment Order 9/1/07 In my Favour

Barclays Business loan & 2 accs. S.A.R N1 filed Judgment in Default isued 15/2/07

HSBC (CC) have failed to produce Credit Agreement

TO DO CASES

Egg (Loan)

LTSB (Ac Ltd Company)

LTSB (Loan)

Countybake thanks,I sent a standard type request in the form of a letter asking for 72 months statements. I located it at the Govan Law Centre site. I can assume that they must then provide 72 months statements (I did request this). I would not trust them to simply print off monthly totals onto paper and assume they have included all the charges. Sorry but I dont know what you mean by S.A.R ,can you explain?

S.A.R.-Subject Access Request is your letter you sent simular to this one

SETTLED CASES

LTSB (CC) £20 21-8-06

HSBC (CC) £600 19-10-06

HSBC (Ac) No.1 £1900 25-10-06

RBS (CC) £900 25-10-06

Smile (Ac) £1300 17-11-06

A&L (Ac) No.1 £400 23-11-06

A&L (Mortgage ERC) £3900 4-12-06

LTSB (Ac) £200 13-12-06

A&L (Ac) No.2 £120 19-12-06

HSBC (Ac) No.2 £650 29-12-06

LTSB (Business) £1700 13-2-07

RBS (Ac) £4500 + Default Removal 17-3-07

Barclays (Bus) Warrant of Execution 10-3-07 not used yet

ONGOING CASES

Egg (CC) N1 Filed £1300 + Default Removal Judgment Order 9/1/07 In my Favour

Barclays Business loan & 2 accs. S.A.R N1 filed Judgment in Default isued 15/2/07

HSBC (CC) have failed to produce Credit Agreement

TO DO CASES

Egg (Loan)

LTSB (Ac Ltd Company)

LTSB (Loan)

• 2 weeks later...

A journey begins !!!!! ,I have just got my bank statements from the A&L and will be trawling through them later on today (30days to send). I have already had a result from them as they refunded my £10 DPA payment and appologised for the delay, HE HE you would think they were helpfull. I will gratefully donate to the CAG on settlement.............keep up the good work you do. William :)

£5,550 appox is the amount of charges that have been spirited away from me by the A&L .......BLOOMIN ECK. I will now have a further look at all the other info ,threads and take the next step.

You're doing the sensible thing, William, having a good look aroung the site first. This is a very serious thing you are about to undertake, you need to know what you are doing.

Opinion is divided on how to proceed if the amount claimed (minus interest) is more than £5000.

The more cautious among us suggest splitting the claim into two smaller amounts; taking the first charges by order of date upto 5k and claiming these first, then claiming the rest when this has been settled.

The other school of thought is that as the banks are, so far, not contesting the claims you may as well claim it all in one go. You have to be aware though that you would be liable for costs if the case went to court and you lost, (those who advocate this route believe the risk to be minimal however).

If money is an issue, there is also an implication re affordability, it being cheaper initially to instigate a claim for under 5k.

The choice is yours, William.

Whatever you decide, keep us posted. :cool:

:) changed my mind about my claim!!.........I shall split it into two separate claims, 00-03 and 03-06. I still havent got my head around all the ins and out of this process, Ill go back over it again. SORRY if im talking out loud - William :)

• 2 weeks later...
:p Ive split my claim into two to keep it well below £5000 as this will offer protection against legal expenses should I fail. The first is from 22.10.00 TO 09.05.05. The amounts are £2,907.50 in charges and £242.70 overdraught interest charged. I shall photocopy the schedule of charges and send with prelim letter. :) :) :):p .

The second will have to wait until Jan 2007 im afraid............just feeling my way around all the information on here. Started back at work after 5 1/2 months off today. Bodged operation on my elbow:(

The second will have to wait until Jan 2007 im afraid............just feeling my way around all the information on here. Started back at work after 5 1/2 months off today. Bodged operation on my elbow:(

If you are splitting your claim, make sure that one claim is finished before starting the next, or you may find the court combine them anyway.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

By the way, I hope work wasn't too bad after all that time off.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Caro for that advise, I will be ready in Jan or Feb with part two of my claim.............work was fine as I had to be on a course. I have the small concilation that I have 25 days of holiday leave left before new year.:)

I can only think you work for the Civil Service or in Local Government. LOL You don't have to answer that.

• Confused 1

:o Standard ........."I have noted your comments ++++++they must stand" letter arrived today,waiting till 14 day deadline passes then LBA is off to A&L (rec del)............................chat in about 14 days. :-)

However frustrating it may get, patience is what is required in this game, bsia666, as you have found out.

It is good that you keep us updated, as it shows other would-be claimers that it is a painstaking process, but done properly it is effective.

Keep with it. :cool:

;-) At last I have got to the post office to send my LBA off (rec del)........................I had a wry smile on my face as I left the Post Office as my local A&L branch is just across the road. So its another 14 days and my next step, Court proceedings , unless the ever so kind A&L would like to settle:eek: :):):):) .Chat in 12 or so days.

Has any one got advise on when to start the 2nd part of my claim?........I have an idea on this.It is to start the 2nd claim in the standard way with PreLim then LBA just now,but wait for the first claim to be settled and when check arrives on doorstep, start court proceedings again for 2nd amount of charges.This would complete the claming back procedure :)