• Tweets

• Dear Sir/Madam, TFL case number: **** I would like to thank TFL for providing me the opportunity to explain my behaviour. I realised the stupidity of what I have done and wish to seek a resolution to this matter. I have no valid excuse for this action and I am extremely sorry and deeply regret my action. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Nothing can justify my action. I am aware that TFL are only able to operate if everyone pays their fare correctly and I feel so guilty about attempting to breach public trust. This has caused me sleepness nights and raised my anxieties. I have history of anxiety. This has been a hard lesson learnt. I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I ensure that I won’t be in the future. I am and will be using my oyster card (PAYG). I would like to humbly appeal to TFL to allow me to settle this matter out of court and avoid going to prosecution given the adverse consequences it can have on me and my family. I am very concerned that prosecution for the first time and I would like to make restitution for my action. Having a criminal offense on my record will have detrimental consequences on me. I have always been a law abiding person and have no previous offences. I would really appreciate if I can be given the opportunity to pay for any unpaid fares plus any charges and/or administrative cost which have been incurred by TFL due to this incident. I am sincerely remorseful and ashamed of myself, and I fully appreciate the severity and stupidity of my transgressions. Again, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. Yours Faithfully, My Name
    • the date is 19/04/24, so i have until 29/4/24 to reply? Yes, i will send my draft of my begging letter   
    • use the webform if it allows you to attach your evidential documents then do so but do that later depending upon who your bank is.... - but i suspect you will be referred to Mastercard. who is your bank? dx    
    • If i did it through the bank, they seem to have an online form. I wondered if this is the best way or to do a letter, add supporting documents and send them through the post, recorded delivery  ?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

BARCLAYCARD **WON** Charges repaid with compound int't and DN removed**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anybody know how to interpret a BC Sar properly?!

Mine is printed out in 1 long sheet and its confusing trying to make sense of it. I didnt receive any statements and after complaining i was told all the information is on the sheets!

I'm looking to reclaim charges and it states

:Late payment fees £84 total amount calender year to date.

Does this mean in one year or the whole account time until the Sar was sent because that seems a low figure and a lot of them would have been in 2005.

The account was Defaulted April 2010 and the Sar is from April 2011.

Also as i have no dates how can i work out interest to apply!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you didn't get a transaction history with the individual amounts then I would say you have a failed SAR and need to get back to them to get the detailed data. Have you been through the SAR response thoroughly?

Failed SAR letter is in the CAG library and amend it to say what is required.

I made a complaint after sending failed Sar letter last year about missing details and was told in a Final Response that all information concerning payments and charges were provided in the copy statements and therefore they have satisfied my request.

I have multiple copies of default notices, letters and such but the rest of the information is on one long ream of paper full of codes. Ive looked looked through this paperwork loads of times now and i cant find dates of transactions or anything to work from.

Well if it were me I'd be complaining again as you want the detailed transaction history. From what you have said the account is not that old so they should have this information. If they fail to provide I would be lodging a complaint with the ICO

does anyone have a contact number for their Data department?

I've wrote so many letters to Barclaycard and the ICO about multiple problems with this account and never got anywhere, yet in the past 2 weeks following phone calls to BC i've had 2 problems rectified and received compensation for their mistakes!!

The account was sold to lowells last year and i argued that i was having 2 entries showing for the same debt on my credit files. The BC account was showing as settled but on the Call Credit summary it was stating i had 3 Defaults when it should have showed 2 (other 1 for Lloyds). After much arguing and the ICO agreeing with them BC finally said last week that Lowells should have replaced the BC entry with their own and BC agreed to remove their entry from my files.

However i've now been informed by BC that the entries were correct and that they removed their entry as a goodwill gesture!!!

The second problem was BC not Defaulting me until 12 months after no payments to the account, when i complained last year i had a final response saying info was correct and the date wouldnt be changed. They have now agreed this week that they were wrong and have told Lowells to move the Default date back by 6 months!

I'm now trying to reclaim the charges but if i have to involve the ICO again its going to take forever!

I know its advised on here to not contact by phone but it seems to be easier with some problems.

I have a number now to ring on Monday about this, can they now say that they can only provide 6 years information from this month?

The SAR was sent in Feb 2011 so would i be correct in demanding the proper information from Feb 2005 onwards? I know there were a lot of charges in 2005 thats why i need that years proper statements.

Also would letters from 2004 stating my account was late and overlimit be sufficient evidence to reclaim those charges as well?

Hi Shutmeup,

Despite having some recent success resolving problems during phone calls, you should avoid them like the plague !! You need a decent papertrail, in case matters get more serious.

Insist on getting data from your original SAR date of Feb 2011 at least.

If you want older data, they will still have it despite what they tell you. However, to get this, you may need to take court action to force disclosure.

It's fairly simple and will save months of waiting for the ICO to respond (saying that BC do NOT have the older data !!). See this thread - which refers to DPA wins for Kate999 and Shelley - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?50148-Barclaycard-amp-Microfiche-they-are-wrong-OFFICIAL&p=3106958&viewfull=1#post3106958

Costs in obtaining this older data can be reclaimed when you take BC to court for a refund of the charges plus compound interest in restitution.

:-)

Edited by slick132
added link to thread

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

That sounds about right.

Go for the older data then.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I've been thinking about it and it was mainly 2005/06 when i had problems with the account which would be covered on the missing details they already owe me.

I have 2 letters from 2004 stating i'm overlimit/late payment and show the account balances, which correspond with me being between jobs. Would these letters be sufficient evidence should i need to go to court to claim the charges?

No, to reclaim the charges, you really need the statements or a/c data as proof. A letter saying you're over-limit doesn't prove you were actually penalised nor does it show if a penalty you were charged was repaid as a GOGW at the time

If you force Barclays using court action, you may get data back to 2004 or even earlier.

Edited by slick132

I just want to check a couple of things first before i start this -

Can i still reclaim charges that i didnt end up paying as the account was sold last year?

If i was successful would the debt be cleared with the DCA before i would get any money left over?

I would like to use a payout to negotiate removing a Default with the DCA so would be easier if the payout was sent to me!!

You can reclaim the charges plus compound int't in restitution but the refund will be used to clear arrears first and any balance will be repaid to you.

You can try to negotiate default removal on the basis that the DN is inaccurate because it includes unlawful penalty charges.

The above will only be possible through taking court action - BC will not agree to repayment with int't in restitution, or default removal, voluntarily.

DN removal will be the harder of the two to achieve.

what would be the first letter to write to them about this then?

I've already had a Final response from them about the missing statements (14 months ago!)

Should i start straight off with an LBA and state that i now also want the older statements as well?

My SAR did ask for ALL information they held about me.

Write to the address from which you rec'd the BC data. Tell them :-

Dear sir or madam,

You have failed to supply dates for individual penalty charges which I require, and you have only supplied data back to xxdate.

I know that BC retain data beyond this date and I require details of a/c transactions in a comprehendable form, from when the account was opened in xxmonth/xxyear.

This data should have been supplied in response to my original SAR. If this information is not supplied within 14 days, I will take court action against Barclays Bank PLC to force disclosure and to seek damages for your failure to comply with my lawful request.

I trust this will not be necessary.

Yours faithfully,

Send your letter by Rec'd Del'y.

Edited by slick132
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've now received statements going back to May 2004, which conveniently for them doesn't show me the Feb and April 2004 charges that i have letters showing were applied to the account! I'm still going after these 2 months as they total over £500 now with interest.

I've been told by their customer relations dept that Barclaycard will hold copies of all the statements going back to when i opened the account in 2003 but the information is now archived and to write a letter to their LRC dept in Northampton for the rest of the statements.

So if Barclaycard tell you they only hold 6 years info don't believe them!

We've not believed this for a long time !

Let us know if their suggested approach gets you further data, if you try that avenue.

:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Today i received the same computer print outs i had 18 months ago so am still missing the first 12 months statements.

I sent a Lba 2 weeks ago so am now going to file a claim on monday for the missing statements.

Theres a box at the top of the N1 form that states - IN THE

Does anyone know what to put in there?

In the Brief details of claim do i just write that i want my missing statements? or does that go in the Particulars of Claim?

Thanks in advance!

Hi SMU,

That'll be IN THE [your local county court]

However, you need to read the guide here as starting a Court Claim has changed and you now have to send your claim to the Salford Office - http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/Makingacourtclaimformoney/DG_195639

Particulars of Claim (POC) - you'll find guidance here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?571-Data-Protection-Act-Non-Compliance-Particulars-of-Claim.

Please don't rush into this. Research so you get it right first time.

Hi slick

I've been doing some reading and using bits off other peoples claims. Do you think this is ok to send as the POC?

1. The Defendant is a Data Controller within the meaning of the Data Protection Act and is responsible for the processing of data of which the Claimant is a Subject.

2. The Claimant had an account number xxxxxxxx ("the account")with the Defendant which was opened on xxxxx and closed on or around xxxxx.

3. On xxxxx 2011 the Claimant sent a Subject access request, pursuant to Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to the Defendant.

4. The Defendant has failed to comply and has failed to submit statements of account between xxxxx 2003 and xxxxx 2004.

5. By virtue of the Defendant's failure to comply with the Subject access request the Claimant has suffered damage.

6. The claimant is aware that the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) considered Barclaycard's Microfiche data storage system back in November 2006. The ICO concluded that the microfiche system used by Barclaycard is a relevant filing system for the purposes of the Data Protection Act.

7. The damage caused is:

Extra costs incurred in addition to court costs, due to the Defendants failure to comply - this includes the cost of additional correspondence and time spent preparing documents and seeking legal advice, I estimate this cost to be £100.

8. The Claimant seeks an order that the Defendant do comply with the Claimant's Subject Access Request

9. Under the terms of Section 15(2) of the Data Protection Act 1998, where the Defendant contests that information requested under the Claimant's Subject Access Request is not included within the scope of Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Claimant requests that the Court inspects that information, and where it finds that the Defendant's opinion is unfounded, that it orders such information be included within the information supplied to the Claimant under the Subject Access Request.

10. Damages and costs within the discretion of the Court.

It looks like the POC from the Library and you've added about BC's Microfiche system, which looks fine to me.

So this needs to go off to Salford CCMCC who will issue the claim from their office.