• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Guidance regarding RBS - £723 from £25 and all because they didn't close the account!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Hoping someone might be able to give a little guidance for me and even maybe a letter template. I recently got my fiancee to check her credit file and get her score from Experian usign the 30 day free service, so that we could see how we were both looking. When my fiancee's report came back there was a default logged against her for RBS.

Looking into the information it appears that she went £25 over her overdraft limit and since then the charges have piled up and amassed to a staggering £723 in 24 months. They logged the deafult status against her last year in August, even though the debt had been creeping up gradually since before then.

I asked my fiancee about this and she swears that she went into her local branch and asked them to close the account, as she had moved her banking to BOS at that time, clearly they didn't do this and because of it they also allowed a DD to go out which triggered the charges.

She tried to ring them but the guy on the phone was so rude and unhelpful, he effectively told her he couldnt do anything as they had passed it onto a debt collection company and she had to deal with them.

I asked if she's had any correspondence but she also moved house soon after and never redirected any mail etc so never new about it. We havent even had anything from a debt collectors as it looks like the debt is now registered against her last address which she moved out of a month after the default date.

I guess the debt collection agency will catch up eventually but I am really looking for some guidnace on the best approach to take with them as I can't believe they have let what appears to be a £25 cost accumulate into such a massive debt and are now effectiovely washing their hands of it.

This is having a massive impact on her credit rating, she has no debts whatsoever apart from a small OD with her BOS account that is managed perfectly every month. I am sure that if teh RBS default wasnt there it would be much healthier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Bingo

Hi bing

Welcome to CAG

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such. Explain whats happened, how they they have let her down (she visited branch - they failed to close account when notified) and what you want them to do (All charges refunded, credit file sorted out and account closed as previously requested. In your letter to them quote BCOBS directly. Tell them you will consider further action if the matter isn't resolved to your satisfaction. BCOBS - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?827-Examples-of-unfair-treament

Send it to:-

Stephen Hester, Chief Executive

[email protected]

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

Lets see what they say, then we can suggest further solutions.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi rebel,

Current update, I originally sent the letter into their complaints department, which was answered but not satisfactorily (I thought I would give them a chance). Basically they told me they had noted my complaint but a collections company (Transcom) was dealing with it and they had passed the details on and they would be in touch shortly and I should contact them from now on.

Clearly they have just ignored the fact that all this has happened because they did not close the account as instructed. Have now taken your guidance and written a formal complaint to Mr Hester and emailed it off this evening, telling him not only about the original complaint but also how his company have failed to deal appropriately with it.

Let's see what we get back and I will update you, I feel I may need some further support with this one.

Thanks

Bing

So sent the email to Mr Hester last night and this is the response my fiancee received today:

------------------------------------------------

Dear Miss xxx

Thank you for your email which has been received by Stephen Hester's office.

I am sorry to hear of the problems you have encountered recently. In view of your comments, we have asked for a full briefing from those involved. Once this is received, your complaint will be allocated to a case manager who will be in touch within the next two weeks.

We will aim to get a response out to you as soon as we can but we also want to make sure that a thorough investigation takes place. If, for any reason, there looks like being a delay, we will, of course, write to you again to explain why.

If you do have any queries in the meantime, please feel free to contact us.

Yours sincerely

Group Executive Office

-----------------------------------------------------------

What are your guys thoughts on the wording and time scale? Is this just the standard response to complaints sent to Mr Hester?

None the less I will post back when I get the next response.

Thanks

Bing

Yes, this is the standard response from that office. I am dealing with a complaint about an RPA for my nephew currently. The female (Wendy McNaught) who was our case worker e-mailed back a load of old tosh so I e-mailed her back immediately and told her so. She replied that she couldn;t help as FoS were now involved. Then ten days later i got a call out of the blue from a completely different caseworker, who refunded the unauthorised payment, all associated charges, but to date we have heard nothing more. The number he gave me just goes straight to answer machine and he is not getting back to me. Luckily I kept the FOS complaint open (and it was the new guy at RBS who suggested that I did this so as not to be put to the back of the queue so to speak if I then disagreed with any decision he came to.)

I shall give this guy a further week (in case of holidays etc) and then I shall start stamping (on what I don't know yet but stamping will begin).

I should make a complaint to the FoS if you don't like the reply you get.