What to do now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, here's the deal. I sent off for my list of charges enclosing my £10, however as I knew they have 40 days to get back to me I thought I'd crack on with a claim for the last 6 months (the statements of which I had access to).

I wrote to them requesting a refund of £402 and the next day they wrote back offering £253 and said it must be on the condition that no more action could be taken. So I respectfully declined their offer and sat back and waited - yesterday (14 days after my decline letter) they wrote to me to say:

HeyHeyMyMy,

Your complaint regarding charges has been passed to me and I am sorry we have failed to an agreement with you. Please accept my apologies for any unintended inconvenience or upset.

As mentioned previously, we prefer to resolve matters with you direct and as an exceptional matter, have agreed to meet your claim of £402 in full.

Payment is to be made on the basis of a full and final settlement of your complaint. It is offered as a gesture of goodwill and without admission of liability or error. Also, our terms and conditions will continue to apply and any future charges, in the absence of a bank error, will stand.

If you are prepared to accept our offer please sign and return the copy of this letter blah blah blah credited to your account in 5 working days.

Tommy McLean

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I accept the sum of £402 in full and final settlement of my complaint. Please credit this to my account number xxxxxxxx at xxxxxx

What should I do now? If I accept the money will it prevent me from claiming for the period prior to the last 6 months? I'm still awaiting my full statements.

Thanks in advance.

It really depend on what you think your going to find on the rest of your statements when they arrive. If you think its going to be thousands then simply write to them saying you'll accept the offer but without conmditions and that you will be pursuing them for the rest of the outstanding amount, when you have a final amount (at this point they will probably withdraw their offer). Search the forum as there are loads of great letters for this situation.

HTH

Gav

14/09/2006 - Data Protection Act letter sent to my bank.............here goes :D

28/09/2006 - Statements received through the post. Charges appear to be in the region of £2000 :eek:

04/10/2006 - Prelim letter sent for charges of £2037 :rolleyes:

mate use the search fetaure and search for a thread called Stuart V Rbs. theres a letter in there which is short and to the the point.

HTH

Gav

14/09/2006 - Data Protection Act letter sent to my bank.............here goes :D

28/09/2006 - Statements received through the post. Charges appear to be in the region of £2000 :eek:

How's this?

Thank you for your letter dated 03/10/06 (copy enclosed)

I will accept the sum offered, but only on the clear understanding that I will be pursuing recovery of any similar charges I have incurred prior to 03/03/2006 once copies of statements detailing these are to hand.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your assistance and I now look forward to my account being credited with the funds.

Yours sincerely

Looks good to me mate.

Gav