Help please

:Boy:
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mr Tommy Mclean offered me £1054 to settle my claim in full. Including charges, interest, CC fee the total amount comes to £2535, so I sent a letter back stating that I will accept this as a part offer to my whole claim.

He made this offer 3 weeks ago, and I am now in communication with RBS soliciters in Manchester. They have requested a 'telephone conference'. I have wrote to the Court, stating that I want them to attend (was this the right thing to do?) I have now recieved a Court allocation questionaire, which I have filled in and sent back. I have stated on this that I do not want a stay.

I have had a look at everyone elses succsess, and they do not seem to have gone down the Court/Soliciter route.

Shall I phone Mr Mcclean and find out what is going on, or just wait for a cheque to magically appear in the post?

I look forward to any replies.

Best regards

personally?! - wait, why phone them? You will only get into a conversation you dont want to have, it will be used if needed in court as a " he said" "but she said" senario, better to stick to writing, don't panic, they use different tacks, I doubt it will be long before you see your money!

• 3 weeks later...

I sent a letter to T Mclean, stating that I if I don't recieve the full amount within 10 working days, I will add 8% daily interest on the amount owed.

On the 18th October, I recieved a letter from Cobbetts Solititors showing that they had returned the allocation questionaire on the last day (16th October).

Yesterday I recieved a letter from Cobbetts with a full and final settlement of £1450 (£2535.00 owed) and that this offer was open for 7 days, otherwise they will go to court.

The problem I have, is that we are desperate for the money. Can anyone tell me what the best thing is to do. I want to ask for £2000 to be credited to my bank account in the next 5 days by BACS, or a cheque within 5 days. Or is it best for me to phone and say no to the offer and wait for the full amount?

I would just like to know the timeline now with how long I have to wait, as I assume I will get a court date soon?

Thanks for any help.

I sent a letter to T Mclean, stating that I if I don't recieve the full amount within 10 working days, I will add 8% daily interest on the amount owed.

On the 18th October, I recieved a letter from Cobbetts Solititors showing that they had returned the allocation questionaire on the last day (16th October).

Yesterday I recieved a letter from Cobbetts with a full and final settlement of £1450 (£2535.00 owed) and that this offer was open for 7 days, otherwise they will go to court.

The problem I have, is that we are desperate for the money. Can anyone tell me what the best thing is to do. I want to ask for £2000 to be credited to my bank account in the next 5 days by BACS, or a cheque within 5 days. Or is it best for me to phone and say no to the offer and wait for the full amount?

I would just like to know the timeline now with how long I have to wait, as I assume I will get a court date soon?

Thanks for any help.

Hi i had the same dealings with Cobbetts, I did hold out for the rest and got my full settlement as we all do in the end. I would write to cobblers informing them that you are consider their behaviour to be unprofessional and you will inform the judge should the case reach court. Also try the line that a settlement now would be better for all etc.

Thanks I will give it a go. How long was it untill you got your final settlement from them, this has been going on (since Cobbets first response) from the 4th September 2006. So it has been over a month since my first offer.

Look forward to any replies.

Thanks I will give it a go. How long was it untill you got your final settlement from them, this has been going on (since Cobbets first response) from the 4th September 2006. So it has been over a month since my first offer.

Look forward to any replies.

I started my claim in June (sar sent) All i can say is there is no set timscale Bigcol started before me and i have settled before him. I understand the desire to settle ASAP but you will get there in the end. :D