Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook


A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99



Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide


An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)


+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Basic Account Holder :Boy: Novitiate :Boy:'s Avatar



    Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006
    Posts : 419 (0.10 post per day)

    Default Help please

    Mr Tommy Mclean offered me 1054 to settle my claim in full. Including charges, interest, CC fee the total amount comes to 2535, so I sent a letter back stating that I will accept this as a part offer to my whole claim.

    He made this offer 3 weeks ago, and I am now in communication with RBSicon soliciters in Manchester. They have requested a 'telephone conference'. I have wrote to the Court, stating that I want them to attend (was this the right thing to do?) I have now recieved a Court allocation questionaire, which I have filled in and sent back. I have stated on this that I do not want a stay.

    I have had a look at everyone elses succsess, and they do not seem to have gone down the Court/Soliciter route.

    Shall I phone Mr Mcclean and find out what is going on, or just wait for a cheque to magically appear in the post?

    I look forward to any replies.

    Best regards


    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

  2. #2
    Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    bearo Highly informative bearo Highly informative bearo Highly informative bearo Highly informative bearo Highly informative bearo Highly informative



    Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Aug 2006
    Posts : 1,939 (0.46 post per day)

    Default Re: Help please

    personally?! - wait, why phone them? You will only get into a conversation you dont want to have, it will be used if needed in court as a " he said" "but she said" senario, better to stick to writing, don't panic, they use different tacks, I doubt it will be long before you see your money!


  3. #3
    Basic Account Holder :Boy: Novitiate :Boy:'s Avatar



    Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006
    Posts : 419 (0.10 post per day)

    Default Re: Help please

    I sent a letter to T Mclean, stating that I if I don't recieve the full amount within 10 working days, I will add 8% daily interest on the amount owed.

    On the 18th October, I recieved a letter from Cobbetts Solititors showing that they had returned the allocation questionaire on the last day (16th October).

    Yesterday I recieved a letter from Cobbetts with a Full and finalicon settlement of 1450 (2535.00 owed) and that this offer was open for 7 days, otherwise they will go to court.

    The problem I have, is that we are desperate for the money. Can anyone tell me what the best thing is to do. I want to ask for 2000 to be credited to my bank account in the next 5 days by BACS, or a cheque within 5 days. Or is it best for me to phone and say no to the offer and wait for the full amount?

    I would just like to know the timeline now with how long I have to wait, as I assume I will get a court date soon?

    Thanks for any help.


    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

  4. #4
    Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad's Avatar



    Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006
    Posts : 9,525 (2.25 post per day)

    Default Re: Help please

    Quote Originally Posted by D5Tweddle
    I sent a letter to T Mclean, stating that I if I don't recieve the full amount within 10 working days, I will add 8% daily interest on the amount owed.

    On the 18th October, I recieved a letter from Cobbetts Solititors showing that they had returned the allocation questionaire on the last day (16th October).

    Yesterday I recieved a letter from Cobbetts with a Full and finalicon settlement of 1450 (2535.00 owed) and that this offer was open for 7 days, otherwise they will go to court.

    The problem I have, is that we are desperate for the money. Can anyone tell me what the best thing is to do. I want to ask for 2000 to be credited to my bank account in the next 5 days by BACS, or a cheque within 5 days. Or is it best for me to phone and say no to the offer and wait for the full amount?

    I would just like to know the timeline now with how long I have to wait, as I assume I will get a court date soon?

    Thanks for any help.
    Hi i had the same dealings with Cobbetts, I did hold out for the rest and got my full settlement as we all do in the end. I would write to cobblers informing them that you are consider their behaviour to be unprofessional and you will inform the judge should the case reach court. Also try the line that a settlement now would be better for all etc.






    I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

  5. #5
    Basic Account Holder :Boy: Novitiate :Boy:'s Avatar



    Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006
    Posts : 419 (0.10 post per day)

    Default Re: Help please

    Thanks I will give it a go. How long was it untill you got your final settlement from them, this has been going on (since Cobbets first response) from the 4th September 2006. So it has been over a month since my first offer.

    Look forward to any replies.


    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

  6. #6
    Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad's Avatar



    Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006
    Posts : 9,525 (2.25 post per day)

    Default Re: Help please

    Quote Originally Posted by D5Tweddle
    Thanks I will give it a go. How long was it untill you got your final settlement from them, this has been going on (since Cobbets first response) from the 4th September 2006. So it has been over a month since my first offer.

    Look forward to any replies.
    I started my claim in June (SARicon sent) All i can say is there is no set timscale Bigcol started before me and i have settled before him. I understand the desire to settle ASAP but you will get there in the end.






    I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

  7. #7
    Basic Account Holder :Boy: Novitiate :Boy:'s Avatar



    Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006
    Posts : 419 (0.10 post per day)

    Default Re: Help please

    Cheers


    Follows
    0
    Following
    0


Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details