first step taken

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6635 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:p

Hey, well done! And thanks for your support on my post! I have copied the template letter, so I intend to send it this week.

I am thinking I will open another account elsewhere, just in case, have you done that? Also, did you send your letter to your local branch, or Halifax HO? If so what's the address please? Hope you don't mind me asking. :lol:

Penny Less

Q) Why is there always so much month left at the end of the money?

EDITED.

PLEASE PLEASE will you keep separate threads on these please. It is very difficult to follow and to help otherwise.

Yes - open another account in case they get silly.

Yes, send it to the branch. Why not.

Address for Halifax Head Office is

here, I sent mine to the legal department

Halifax Plc

Legal Department

Trnity Road

Halifax

West Yorkshire

Hx1

Good luck!

---------------------------------------

Amended by BankFodder 16.2.2006

Thats 4 in the BAG!!!!

(£509.60amex..£396.31 Halifax credit card....£768.47+£783.99 Halifax current account)

so crooked they use a corkscrew for a ruler!(allegedly)

Hi. Just an update on my case. Two letters received in post yesterday. My letter was the template one from the library.

First, from Halifax HO. Pretty bog standard.

From the Office of the Chief Executive

Dear Mr & Mrs ######

James Crosby has asked me to write to thank you for your letter of Feb 15th. We are looking into the matter you raise and you wil receive a response from a Customer Relations Manager within Core business. If you need to contact them in the meantime, please telephone 01422 333465.

I enclose a copy of our complaint leaflet, which tells you how we will handle your complaint.

Yours sincerely

Anyone know who James Crosby is? I'm assuming he's Halifax CE.

The second letter which is from my local branch "co manager", is on unheaded paper, and is one of the most badly written letters I have ever read from a so called professional!

Dear Mr & Mrs ######,

I thank you for your letter dated 14th February 2006 that was handed in to the above branch yesterday - 15th February 2006.

I am unable to comply with your request to reverse all of the charges, as you have not conducted your account within the agreed terms and conditions. The Halifax have to pass on the costs for paid and unpaid items when you enteran unauthorised overdraft. The value of the transaction does not effect the costs we incur. The Company believes it is fair to pass thesecosts on to the accounts affected, rather than absorb them into other areas of our operations and penlising all our other customers as a result.

I have noted your comments regarding the level of charges you have incurred. However, to be excessive or unfair, bank charges must be punitive in terms of the law. Having sought clarification from our Legal and Banking Product departments, I can confirm we base our charges on a genuine pre-estimate of our loss such are legallyenforceable.

I do hope my comments have helped explain the situation and I am sorry if your view of the Halifax has been tarnished in any way as a result of the difficulties you have experienced. I trust your future dealing with us will be entirely satisfactory, but if you have any further queries or concerns then please let me know.

With regard to your formal request to supply a complete and exhaustive list of charges made on the above account over the last six years, I have requested the information from my Liverpool Service Centre and I will write to you with this information as soon as it is made available to me. The 40 day compliance relates to Data Subject Access which would give all information held on you on the Halifax records, but not charges, ie personal data. Page 3 of the enclosed leaflet "About you - PersonalInformation and you identity" explains this and also about the fee of £10 that is chargeable.

I enclose a leaflet explaining our procedures. Should any of your concerns remain unresolved please lt e know what you'd like me to do to put matters right. We are keen to resolve your concerns, if we are unable to do so we will provide you with details of how you can contact the FOS for help. If I don't hear from you in the next eight weeks I will assume you are happy.

Yours sincerely

###### Co Manager ######## Branch.

I would be grateful for any comments on what he has written. And can anyone help me suss out how to insert text! This has taken ages!!!

Would say it is definitely worth sending copies of letters to Bank HO's.

Will keep you all posted.

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6635 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks