• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

speed credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think you need to let the oft see that. Im sure its unlawful.

On the letter its got NDR and their address both as 15 lyndhuurat terrace london NW3 5QA

Seems nothing at all has changed but the name theyre using. How theyre gettin away with that is unbelievable

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because nobody is reporting them tink. Thats how most PDL's get away with it. Only a very small minority know about their rights and the regulations they must comply with. On sites like CAG, theres probably only around 2-3% of people that take out loans asking for help.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 years later...

Hi All

I haven't heard a peep from any company regarding my old speed credit loan since 2013 and today I've getting an email from united Kash claiming they are are collecting for my MCO capital loan, they want over £2000 for my original £150 loan that was took out in 2012, can I just ignore them??

Can anyone advise what I should do, I'm I OK to ignore them, they dont say they own own the debt the email says in respect of my speed credit MCO capital loan from 2012 I need to call and pay

Is this company just like the many other companies that have been ran by the tooyhfaiy/speed credit lot

They cant mark your credit file and they certainly wont go near a court for a debt thats comprised of unlawful charges

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

The problem is,WHO OWNS THE LOAN.

A couple of years ago,people were receiving emails from a company called Digital Financial Services,who stated that they were now the owners of all MCO loans.This company was owned by an ex directer of MCO,there is proof that money paid to DFS,did not go to paying of the Speed Credit loan.It was siphoned off to other accounts.

Then everything went quite until about March of this year,when people received a letter from BPO collections,who were collecting for Cash Choice UK.Paul Micheal Whelan is a director for Cash Choice and also a director for MCO capital.I believe he was made custodian of MCO by Price Waterhouse Cooper.

Then this week,people have received emails(myself included) from a company called United Kash,who want a grossly inflated payment.Their email does not say who they are collecting for,only making reference to a loan from MCO (Speed Credit).

United Kash is owned by an American company called Harvco LLC,or they are a major share holder.

I phoned BPO collections on Wednesday,they told me that they had returned all Cash Choice (MCO) accounts.So,something must not be right.

When I paid my MCO (Speed Credit account),the money went to an account held by CIM technologies.This was over 4 years ago.It seems now that the plot has thickened further.

So I would advise no one to pay anything until we find out who the real owners of the loans are.I am thinking that any payment made now,might not go to rightful owners.

Regards,John.

Thanks you for the replies and advice

It seems very strange that its been quiet for a few years and now a company's collecting for the debt again, and as you say they don't mention who they are actually collecting for.

I moved a year ago so I dont know if any letters have been sent to that address.

I'll hold tight until information of who actually owns the debt comes to light

Tinkerbell.

Looking at the email that Ripped off received from United Kash,it states the following,.....

United Kash Limited is writing to notify you that MCO Capital Limited(Trading as SpeedCredit) Limited has sold and transferred to United Kash Limited all rights to its claim against you.

It therefore means that United Kash Limited owns the debt mentioned above. United Kash Limited will contact you to discuss the loan along with claims against you.

But that was not in my email.

Going back to my previous post,I said that MCO loans had been passed around a bit.I forgot to mention that Web Loans Processing were trying to collect them,who were feeding from the same trough as MCO.

Then Loads of Dosh bought the debts,then DHR Capital were trying to collect.

But,do not panic,as you are in safe hands on this forum.

Regards,John.

I have received the same e mail today which basically says I owe £400.

I borrowed 2-3 times from speed credit but that must have been quite a few years ago. I always paid back on time and definitely owe nothing. Are they just sending these out to everybody that borrowed from them in the hope that people will just pay what they don't owe ?

Ignore for now as they wont do anything. If they try to force your hand, send the prove it letter from the CAG library

I phoned United Kash today,I spoke to a Mr Chris Prime who is a director of the company.

They are now the owners of all MCO loans.He is quite aware of the history of MCO.

He told me that no one will be paying the grossly inflated sums,it will be more or less the original loan figure.These figures were based on the daily interest figures that were on the Speed Credit files.

Anyone with proof of payment to show that your MCO account is closed,can send the details to United Kash,then it will be removed from their files.

I hope that this has answered some questions.

Regards,John.

As yet,I have received nothing from them.I will give them a couple of more days.

United Kash by what I have been reading about them,seem to be the owners of a few pay day loans,or claiming to be.As I have said in a previous post,several companies seem to claim ownership of the old MCO loans.

I own the loans,but I do not have any proof,just believe me.

Regards,John.

Just saw this in my spam box... Am tempted to provoke and ask for a Notice of Assignment but I doubt that will product anything useful...

This letter has been sent to you in respect to an outstanding amount due, originally issued by MCO Capital Limited(Trading as SpeedCredit). We assume that this matter is an oversight on your behalf and request that you call United Kash and pay the amount due £800.00.

If you wish to get into contact to discuss your loan, please call United Kash Limited on or email

If you are experiencing financial difficulties we urge you to contact us so that we can gain an understanding of your current situation and consider the most appropriate action to take. We have suspended further action until next week and look forward to receiving your payment in full or a re-payment proposal from you by 20/08/16.

Yours faithfully

-------------------------------

Christopher Prime

United Kash Limited

United Kash Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to Consumer Credit Activities and Debt Collection. It is registered on the Financial Services Register under Interim Permission number 672388. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number 06890816. Its Office: Office 21, Epsilon Business Centre, West Road, Ransomes Euro Park, Ipswich Suffolk IP3 9FL.

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

And another received today for good measure...

This letter has been sent to you in respect to an outstanding amount due, originally issued by MCO Capital Limited(Trading as SpeedCredit). We assume that this matter is an oversight on your behalf and request that you call us on and pay the amount due £800.00.

Or:

• Propose to pay your account by instalments if you are unable to pay in full

• Request us to call you back at a time convenient to you

• Advise us if you are using a 3rd party Debt Management company

• Set up a payment plan

If you wish to get into contact to discuss your loan, please call United Kash Limited on or email

If you are experiencing financial difficulties we urge you to contact us so that we can gain an understanding of your current situation and consider the most appropriate action to take. We have suspended further action until next week and look forward to receiving your payment in full or a re-payment proposal from you by 28/08/16.

Yours faithfully

-------------------------------

United Kash Limited

United Kash Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to Consumer Credit Activities and Debt Collection. It is registered on the Financial Services Register under Interim Permission number 672388. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number 06890816. Its Office: Office 21, Epsilon Business Centre, West Road, Ransomes Euro Park, Ipswich Suffolk IP3 9FL.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had an email if united Nash tonight saying its there final reminder before they take legal proceedings against me and that if goes in their favour I will incure more costs.if I get in touch now they will take 75% of 2100 off and accept £300 to settle the account.

I've never had a notice of assignment off them to say they own the debt and if they can wipe 75% off surely they won't go any where near court with all those stupid charges that's been added on?

I did mention it in an previous posting or thread,that United Kash told me that they would try and settle for more or less what the original loan was.They were working on figures taken from the Speed Credit loan sheet,which included inflated interest.So if they are prepared to chop 75% off the loan,this might be the inflated interest.I can only tell you what they told me over the telephone,as I do not have it in writing.

As these accounts have been passed around various companies purporting to own the accounts,I do not think anyone has received a NOA.

All I can suggest is that you email them,then you have everything in writing.

Regards,John.

All I've had are emails saying "We are suspending action till next week"

The advice generally given is offer to settle by DCA = bad debt / unenforceable need to find the reason why.

Whilst you may want to settle for £300 I would certainly not part with any money until you are 100% sure they own the debt.

You need a copy of the NOA and statement of account.

I'm ignoring the emails I get from them till next week :p

In all seriousness, a 75% reduction is a significant reduction and my personal belief is that won't go anywhere near a court with an offer like that. Open to correction of course.

Also do your Noddle and check if they've put back the account on there.

All I've had are emails saying "We are suspending action till next week"

The advice generally given is offer to settle by DCA = bad debt / unenforceable need to find the reason why.

Whilst you may want to settle for £300 I would certainly not part with any money until you are 100% sure they own the debt.

You need a copy of the NOA and statement of account.

I'm ignoring the emails I get from them till next week :p

In all seriousness, a 75% reduction is a significant reduction and my personal belief is that won't go anywhere near a court with an offer like that. Open to correction of course.

Also do your Noddle and check if they've put back the account on there.

Checked noddle the accounts not on there.

My email says they've suspended action for a week too.

I too have been ignoring their emails,I'll ask them for a NOA and see what happens

They've sent me a notice if assignment saying MCO capital has sold the debt but is that enough proof they own it as MCO capital never informed me the account has been sold.

I asked for a full breakdown of account but they never sent me that

Is this enough proof, as I'm not prepared to pay anything to them until I've got actual proof they bought the debt