Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2009

Default Re: GMAC and LIBOR rates example

i had intrest only for a while was paying 10 % off later in the week will try to the maths as they loaded arrears on my debt non DDicon and 50 pounds a month

has this gone to court ? about libor

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Feb 2012

Quote Originally Posted by wishboneash View Post
    i had intrest only for a while was paying 10 % off later in the week will try to the maths as they loaded arrears on my debt non DDicon and 50 pounds a month

has this gone to court ? about libor
    The Libor issue has gone to court via two seperate CAGicon members. Kensington seems unwilling or unable to present the courts with the evidence requested by the courts.

Basic Account Holder

not with GMAC now as the interest rates were 10.5 % plus the arrears i caught up with after being taken to court but the still loaded 15 non DDicon and 50 pounds on total debt

i calculated the charge were in excess of 3500 pounds

Basic Account Holder

Quote Originally Posted by campari2 View Post
    Hi - thank you but how will I discover if the rate they quoted as being in use at specific times in accurate please?

Three arrested by SFO in Libor probe
    By Caroline Binham, Legal Correspondent
    Three British men have become targets of the first arrests in the sprawling worldwide probe into manipulation of Libor, the key benchmark bank rate.
    The UKs Serious Fraud Office said in a short statement on Tuesday that it had arrested three men aged 33, 41 and 47, and that the suspects were all British nationals currently living in the United Kingdom.

Basic Account Holder

hi is any pursuing the sub prime libor interest rates ?

Basic Account Holder

yes still have my statements

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Feb 2007

Hi - I am following this to see what I can do re my GMAC product but have a similar situation with one of the servicer's of that product which went to court. GMAC sold mortgageicon on and they took me to court attempting repo. Arrears have since been cleared but legal fees were added to the account in excess of those ordered. Two years of arguing saw me to take that Company to court for return of those fees as being unjust reward for them. I won. I am now trying to deal with the interest attracted by those fees and not returned or removed, which have increased the balance, since then the mortgageicon was passed on again to another servicing company who still have the excess fees on the balance sheet attracting interest. I am waiting for the previous company to advise the true balance that should have been transferred to the current company, as I know I am being overcharged and have to get them to rework the figures over the years affected. Not easy to get a response on this but having gone to court with it before I am confident that they will have to make the adjustments in the end.

Basic Account Holder

that happened to me took me to court they added all the non DDicon no bank account and arrears on the Debt i could only pay by building society check monthly so had to wait for funds to clear

and a punishng 9.8 % rate in 2008 as wel

Basic Account Holder

just found more old statements going to put in a court claim next week

Basic Account Holder

any news on this ? libor

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Aug 2008

Hi just giving this a little bump as was listening to LBC regarding this this morning. Is there anything claim for the consumer on this as surely if these rates were fixed and because of that it put people in financial hardship they normally wouldnt be in thus creating a snowball effect? Just a thought. It seems that even though these instutions were fined and found guilty of fixing these rates which had a detrimental effect on the homeowner nothing has really come out of it for the homeowner. Did that actually make any sense lol????

Basic Account Holder

i hope some is doing something as we were all ripped off

It would be good to know if any of the loan companies that were selling sub prime (or otherwise) loans will seek damages from the culprits - if anybody hears anything then post it in here...

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Nov 2018

Was re-mortgaged to GMACs LIBOR rate 25 years ago, what can I do if anything?

I was recently approached by a company who said there was a good chance wed overpaidicon interest on our
    mortgageicon, 10 months later I rang them to find out wtf, sorry no probs with your mortgageicon, after sending
    them our passports and ID, the people originally dealing with us have no finished working there,gone, now called Foundation Home Loans, Paratus, formally GMAC.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Nov 2018

Ill split or donateicon to this site if I get Help getting away from Foundation Home Loans
    Need help to sort unsecured debts and an attachment order from halifaxicon credit card debt from 11 years ago, plus CCJ, I now think its all sum mountable....

Hello Prosperous1, welcome to CAGicon.

You need to start a new threadicon of your own please. This one is for advising someone else and finished in 2013.

Best, HB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2