edinburghbeerbucket -v- BoS Card Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was just thinking about my response to their rejection letter, when it comes.

The OFT report says:

3.18 These benefits may also include those arising out of operating a riskbased pricing policy, that is, offering a higher APR (or a separate product with a higher interest rate) to a particular class of consumers based on an evaluation of their poorer credit risk. Moreover, consumers who default are generally required to pay the full amount of interest due on the outstanding balance. A credit card company should ensure that there is no duplication between such benefits and the money recovered by way of a default charge.

Now I've had an APR much higher than their standard rate for some time now. I got the card as a student, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Anyway, by charging me a higher APR than their standard rate, they have effectively already decided that I am high-risk. Perhaps since I was a student, they assumed that I would miss payment, go over the limit etc.

Effectively, they have already pre-estimated their costs.

And therefore, when they levy a £25 fine or whatever, they're charging me a second time. A duplicate charge.

I plan to work that into my response, anyway.

Your thoughts, folks?

edinburghbeerbucket :D

Amusingly, it's transpired that the same day BoS card services cashed their cheque, my BoS student account was due to have £48 of charges applied. So guess what that means?! Yep, I'm over my overdraft, and next month I'll have at least another £48 of charges!

Insanity!

• 4 weeks later...

Well day 40 came and went, so I fired off an email to the guy who helped me out with my bank account SAR.

He wrote back and said

"in most instances I would expect such a request to be forwarded to my Dept, but cannot trace this one. Could you let me have the card number and I will arrange for this to be issued urgently"

nice one!

So, in the future, if you're SAR deadline passes for some reason, fire an email off to [email protected] as he's super-efficient and his department deals with BoS/Halifax/HBOS SARs for at least bank accounts and credit cards. Possibly other products too. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I've definately dropped the ball on this one..

Nov 14 06 - Sent them a request for payment, giving until Dec 7th before court action.

I never got a response to this whatsoever, so I've sent them a second letter (with a bunch of other complaints in there) giving until 28th April to refund or I really will sue them for it... fingers crossed!