• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

RBS Current Account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

having just checked my credit report,its showing an rbs current account that i have defaulted on from a few years ago.i no longer bank with rbs. after looking at the details it states the start date was 27/01/1999...i would have been 12 years old on that date and in 1st year at high school which makes me suspicious.

tried to get the address where to send an SAR to and chat and telephone agents i spoke to just keep giving me the branch that the account was run froms address,is that correct?

so glad i checked my credit report,i know for a fact there are some dodgy charges on the account cause i disputed them about 5years ago i gave up cause i was getting nowhere and being young and naive.

im not 100% sure the default date is correct either

Edited by flynnsmum123

SAR sent off today,cant wait to see what i get back.

My mum said i had a rainbow account when i was young but that never had a cheque book or a cashline card.

As far as im aware you need to be 16 to have a current account and 18 of it has a cheque book is that right?

Today I've received a letter from Yuill +Kyle solicitors saying they are acting on behalf of Attorney Global Guernsey Limited saying that I took out a loan with rbs and asking for payment.

Never had a loan with rbs it was a CC and it was a different account to this.

Bit of a coincidence that after I send an SAR they have appeared out of no where.

I'll type up the letter in a sec.

What should I do?

Today I've received a letter from Yuill +Kyle solicitors saying they are acting on behalf of Attorney Global Guernsey Limited saying that I took out a loan with rbs and asking for payment.

Never had a loan with rbs it was a CC and it was a different account to this.

Bit of a coincidence that after I send an SAR they have appeared out of no where.

I'll type up the letter in a sec.

What should I do?

Is this Arrow Global?

Post up the letter we'll go from there!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

(my name and address)

dear sirs

arrow global guernsey limited -v- you

we represent arrow global guernsey limited. we understand that you took out a loan with royal bank of scotland which was subsequently assigned to our client and which you are having difficulty repaying. as you did not maintain repayments our client served a default notice on you and terminated the agreement in the terms of the consumer credit act 1974.

we have now been instructed to recover the balance due to them as undernoted. we appreciate you may have difficulty in repaying the full amount immediately. whilst our clients are sympathetic to your position,they do require you to at least make an effort to repay the loan and in certain circumstances they may allow you to enter into an instalment plan for payment over an agreed period to suit your financial circumstances. accordingly, we would like you phone, email or write to us with your proposal. this will enable us to discuss a payment arrangement with you based on your circumstances and to put this proposal to our client for consideration.

if, however we do not hear from you we have been instructed to issue a court action against you for the undernoted amount within five days from the date of this letter together with legal expences. we trust this will not be necessary and look forward to hearing from you.

our methods of payment document is attached for your information. cheques or postal orders should be sent to us made payable to YUILL + KYLE.

if yoou are in any doubt as to the implication of this communication we would recommend that you contact your solicitor or the citizens advice bureau.

this communication is written under reservation of our clients position and without prejudice to our clients whole right,remedies and please in this matter and may not be founded upon the current court proceedings or in any other court proceedings. in particular, but without prejudice to the afore-going generality,this letter is written without admission of liability and this is only written for the purposes of exploring an extra judicial settlement. nothing contained herein may be construed as a statement or an admission of fact.

yours faithyfully

yuill + kyle

Edited by flynnsmum123

Is this Arrow Global?

Post up the letter we'll go from there!!

i've never even heard of arrow global so how can they send me a letter from their solicitors giving me 5days or they are taking court action

Ok,

Is this definitely a loan account?

Any way send this addressed to the solicitors:

Ref:: xxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to your letter dated xx xx xxxx in which you state that you

represent Arrow Global Ltd. , in regards to an alleged debt for £xxxx

owed to xxxxxxx.

Please not I do not acknowledge any debt to Arrow Global and at no

time have I ever had any form of contact from this company.

I therefore dispute your right to contact me and Arrow Globals right to

instruct you.

I will not therefore correspond further in regard to this matter until

full documentry proof of any liability is provided.

You should as ''solicitors'' be aware of what documentation is require.

Send recorded delivery to track.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I emailed them on the 11th no reply yet so called today at 12pm to confirm if they had received the email got put through to someone else but went to answer phone,left a message and no reply.they can't be that bothered.

Letter said 5days to respond or court proceedings start,got a feeling they will say they never got it and try and take me to court.

If the snail mail was RD then you can check online if it has been delivered.

I had a current account with the RBS, when the account went overdrawn and in default it was passed to the recovery department. The RBS implemented a business practice in the 1990's which enabled them to hide bad debts on current accounts and turn them into loan accounts that could be decared as profit. This enabled them to artificially inflate there balance sheet.

This is known as the 'Transitioning Process'.

The current account is closed and a Flexible Term Loan Capital & Interest account is set up interernally by the recovery department. The new account has a different sort code and account number.

Write an Official Letter of Complaint requesting the bank explain why Arrow is demanding payment of monies owed on a Loan account when you never actually had a Loan account with them.

Copy your letter to Richard Hemsley

Group Executive Office

Gogarburn

Edinburgh

EH12 1HQ.

Your SAR should have gone to the

Subject Access Request Team

Business House B

PO Box 1000

Edinburgh

EH12 1HQ

0131 6260396 this is the number for Dawn Atkinson, she is an assistant manager at the SAR team.

0131 6264171 this is Roderick MacNeil, he has responsibility for customer relations throughout the RBS or you can email him [email protected]

Customer Management Services would have dealt with any account that went into default.

Copy them on your SAR (you don't pay the fee again), but also include your original current account reference number and the Loan account referred to by Arrow. Also specifically request a copy of you Diary Event History, this is an internal log of all actions on your account, dated and notes.

Address it to

The Recovery Manager

Credit Management Services

Kendal Court

Ironmasters Way

Telford

TF3 4DT

Tel : 01952 206223.

Debbie x

i'll wait and see what the SAR has in it but that sounds exactly what may have happened here.

i wouldn't have and still wouldnt get approved for a bank loan from anywhere so they have obviously done something like this.

theyve shot their-selves in the foot somewhere along the lines,because my credit report shows a current account opened for myself in 1999 when i was 12 and this is the account that i've supposedly got the loan on. as far as i'm aware you cant open a current account when you're under 16/18? and if it wasn't a current account i had i shouldnt have been able to get a loan on a childs account.

im waiting with anticipation to see what documents they send me and how many dodgy charges they have piled on.

You can have a current account, but it is illegal to give under 18's credit.

The SAR will reveal if the current account was closed.

If they have Transitioned your accounts than you have been the victim of an illegal business practice implemented by the RBS to hide overdraft debts and make themselves appear more profitable with artificial Loan accounts.