Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    christinajanep Novitiate christinajanep's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Aug 2006

Default Christina vs BOS

I Have to say if there is anyone i really want to get my money back off its BOS they charges have infuriated me since day one and really wish i never got the card in the 1st place, snet my s.a.r off today

any comments on how good they are at getting them sent out mould be much appreciated

christina

Similar Threads:

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    jimmelling Novitiate

Default Re: Christina vs BOS

BOS and barclaycard wont play ball! BOS may send you duplicate statements instead of all of the ones you want. Once you claim they tend to stall by sending a customer relations letter first...we'll look into your complaint within 4 weeks. At the end of 4 weeks the Redress Assessor from the Core Business team responds...need more time - 4 more weeks. Stick to your deadlines and follow the stages.

Barclaycard respond quicker & offer a "goodwill paymenticon" of 8 per charge made (difference between the old 20 late payment fee and new 12 fee). So if you have 10 late payment charges on your account = 80. They will credit your account but refuse to pay the balance. Again...need to proceeed on your deadlines.

Dont forget to include compound interest on the amount they owe you e.g MBNA charged me 550 in late payment fees....compound interest on that was 590....total owed 1160...they paid up! Good luck!

Basic Account Holder
    Smonty Novitiate

Cagger since : Sep 2006

Quote Originally Posted by christinajanep
    I Have to say if there is anyone i really want to get my money back off its BOS they charges have infuriated me since day one and really wish i never got the card in the 1st place, snet my s.a.r off today

any comments on how good they are at getting them sent out mould be much appreciated

christina

I called BOS on Friday 23rd sept asking for a details of all the bank charges applied to my account in the last 4 years and today I recieved statements for the past 2 years, Its a start...........
    The charges for the past two years are 1576.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Hi Guys thanks for the replies, barclays sent me my statements straight away after trying to charge me 200+ (3 per statement), but your right they did duplicate some of them but its really BOS that i'm gunning for, they have [edit] me and caused both me and my husbands huge amounts of stress over the last 8yrs ive had the account, so cant wait to get the statements to see how much i can claim back,

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Mairi Novitiate

Cagger since : Apr 2006

Hi christina
    BoS will probably send you a 1st really s### offer then when you call them to laugh at them the offer will go up a little. You'll probably need to issue court proceedings against them, but when you do they normally throw in the towel and go for a swim!!!!
    They nearly ruined me in April, 230 odd in charges in one week, all because my husbands switch card (guess which bank????) wouldn't work.
    You go get em
    mairi

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Hi Mairi, i wont be taking anything from BOS except the full amount, so they can send as many offers and goodwills as they like, bring it on thats what i say, how long does it take for them to come through with the first offer do you think

christina

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Mairi Novitiate

The first offer normally comes about 3 weeks after the preliminary letter, after you've sent the lbaicon.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    JIMMYMAC Novitiate

I didn't get any offer at all from BoS until I served court papers on them and then they settled in full 3 weeks before court date. Recieved full amount + interest + costs.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

well done jimmymac i bet you were well chuffed

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jun 2006

I also received no communication from BOS at all before court stage and even then it was only 4 days before rturn date. I was beginning to wonder if I had been sending letters to the wrong address.

BOS

Claim No.3 for 589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!
    Claim No.4:- claiming 1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    JIMMYMAC Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by christinajanep
    well done jimmymac i bet you were well chuffed
    Thanks Christina. They stated in their letter to me that they felt justified in making their charges but, win or lose, they couldn't recover their costs via the small claimsicon track therefore they wouldn't contest it.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Quote Originally Posted by JIMMYMAC
    Thanks Christina. They stated in their letter to me that they felt justified in making their charges but, win or lose, they couldn't recover their costs via the small claimsicon track therefore they wouldn't contest it.
    ditto!!

BOS

Claim No.3 for 589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!
    Claim No.4:- claiming 1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

seems like BOS are ok at playing ball. unlike lloyds who will drag it out to the very last second

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details