• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Another Southern Pacific Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just realised I have another SPPL Loan.

I had one that I have already posted earlier but this one is more straighforward although it was taken out in 2001 and paid off in 2002 so dont know if this is a problem.

I had a loan for £15,000 that was a second mortgage on my home.

They sent the paperwork and just added the ppi at £2,500.

I was self employed and never asked for the ppi was never told why it was on there or anything about it.

When I paid it off in 2002 I paid a sum of £17,723.00.

Should I send directly to SPPL or to FOS with it being an old loan?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how was it paid off?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok just checking it was not a rollover ot other finance.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the statint sheet auto does the 8%...

read the red notes tab.

your monthly PPI PCM should have been calculated to inc THEIR int.

dx

and they

• 3 months later...

You need to work out what proportion of your monthly repayment was for the PPI.

If your loan was for £15,000 and the PPI was an additional £2,500 then your total loan was £17,500. so the PPI percentage of the loan was 14.29%.

So for each repayment, 14.29% of it was for the PPI.

Work out what 14.29% of each repayment was and list those amounts actually paid into the spreadsheet.

To work out the position on settlement of the loan, have a read of No.1 in my signature and use the spreadsheet at the end (LoanAnalysis.xls) to help you.

Ah, I see. I have reclaimed twice on credit card ppi, so was straighforward. I thought with a loan and 2.500 for the ppi I just received the 2500 back and 8% interest on top of the 2500, so totally wrong with that. If I only had the loan of £15000 for a year then it wouldnt be a great deal back would it?

You should get back the premiums paid plus their interest paid on them. In addition you get 8% statutory interest on the payments actually made.

When it comes to settlement you will work out what the remaining PPI was in that settlement figure and you get that back (less any rebate that might have been given on settlement) plus 8% simple on that too.

Afraid its too complicated for me but thanks for your help. All I understand is I paid One premium of £2,500 and that was added to the loan so loan was 17500 and thats what I paid them back after a year

OK lets work it out.

Total loan £17,500

What was the term of the loan?

What was the monthly repayment amount?

What was the date of the first repayment?

How many normal monthly repayments did you make?

Did you get a rebate on the PPI when you settled the loan and of so how much?

Okay ims21, found the info

The term was 5 years

The normal repayment was £234.36

First payment June 2001

So 12 months at £234.36

Refund from the £2,500 ppi up front payment £1368.15

The application was pre-filled in, and I was self employed at the time.

Can you check the figures you have given please......they don't add up

If it was for 5 years (60 months) and you were going to pay £234.36 per month then the total to be repaid would have been £14,061.60 which is less than the amount borrowed of £17,500!

Ok that's more like it.

Now, we know that 14.29% of the loan was for PPI.

Of each monthly payment of £234.36, 14.29% of it was for the PPI part of the loan = £33.49.

In the spreadsheet I gave you, list the payments of £33.49 for the 12 payments you actually made. You need to enter the date of the payment, the description ("PPI Payment") and the amount.

You settled the loan for £17,723 and 14.29% of that was for the PPI i.e. £2,532.62. Deduct from that figure the rebate you got for PPI of £1,368.15 = £1,164.47. That s the final payment of PPI to enter in the spreadsheet and the date you use is the date of settlement of the loan.

The sheet will then show you in the top right hand box the amount you should broadly expect to receive back.

So you complete your fos questionnaire and send it together with a print of the spreadsheet to the lender with a brief covering letter requiring refund.

• 1 month later...

Hi IMS21

I added the amounts you suggested on the sheets and it came up with the following, is the 8% correct? It doesnt look right. It was from 2001 to 2002 and i put the dates in as you suggested.

8% Simple Interest -£5.58 Total £1,493.79 Amount of

Charge Number of

Days Elapsed Interest at

8% Simple

£33.49 274 £2.02

£33.49 243 £1.79

£33.49 212 £1.56

£33.49 182 £1.34

£33.49 151 £1.11

£33.49 121 £0.89

£33.49 90 £0.66

£33.49 59 £0.43

£33.49 31 £0.23

£33.49 0 £0.00

£1,164.47 -61 -£15.63

Edited by battyman
update

Nope...something wrong there

If your first payment was in June 2001 then that is more than 274 days ago.

Make sure that the "Claim To" date is set as today's date.

Make sure the dates in the "Date of Charge" column are correct i,e they reflect the actual date you made the payment.

Alternatively post up the spreadsheet (MINUS ANY PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS)