RBS refusing offer of repayment

Dahlia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been paying RBS an agreed amount every month to clear an unsecured loan for the last 2 years, which is reviewed every 6 months. However I have just had a letter now saying that they will not accept the same amount as my 'offer of repayment is unaccepatbale due to your housekeeping and travel expenditure being deemed excessive'. Not sure how it is now excessive when it wasn't 6 months ago! Any advice?

I have been paying RBS an agreed amount every month to clear an unsecured loan for the last 2 years, which is reviewed every 6 months. However I have just had a letter now saying that they will not accept the same amount as my 'offer of repayment is unaccepatbale due to your housekeeping and travel expenditure being deemed excessive'. Not sure how it is now excessive when it wasn't 6 months ago! Any advice?

Write to them and ask how they arrived at this decision, and just keep

paying the same amount

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Write to them and ask how they arrived at this decision, and just keep

paying the same amount

Sound advice. I sometimes think that they use stupid reasons, hoping that you will stop paying, allowing them to take court action.

While you are paying the agreed amount, any judge would look upon any claim unfavourably

If they follow up with further requests for I&E, try responding with "no change to previous circumstances" rather than completing the form again