Taking Children to Small Claims Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

She could have a visa debit card under 18, it would show as visa on your transaction. If it was the parents card you could try contacting them, rather than stright to court have you considered just telephoning or writing to them, they may be unaware of what the daughter has done or maybe not but it wouldnt hurt to ask as you have nothing to lose. has the girl actually had the photos or have you not printed them off? how much is actually owing to you?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

I know that it is frustating but sometimes ethics and the law do not walk hand in hand but it tries via "public policy".

If your contract was online and it was "signed" via a tick box or equivalent by the parents, then you have a contract with the parents and not the minor.

If your contract online was "signed" by the child via a tick box or equivalent, then it is irrelevant who paid for the photos.

For the latter, I would not contact the parents about this debt due to that being a potential breach of the Data Protection Act 1998, and as a "Data Controller", registered with the ICO or otherwise, you are liable for this "data breach" if a complaint is made against you by either party.

• 6 years later...