• Tweets

• The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

default and depression

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone i hope i have posted in the correct area !! HELP my story is that

i have recently defaulted on 2 credit cards ,i am only 1 payment behind .

i was unlucky enough to have two operations last year and borrowed money from 1 card to pay the other

i have had to undergo further surgery april gone and i have been living on stat sick pay/ tax credits and housing benefit .

I have approached two debt charities and as advised done a budget which has surprised me ,

my outgoings are £350 more than i have coming in !!!!!

I am being treated for depression and have been for 3 years after losing both parents to horrible illnesses.

I have been straight with both lenders but the HALIFAX wont enter into any agreement because of my budget

and the RBS have now sent me a financial form to complete

,they are also asking when i will be back to work and can i send them a copy of my DRS certificate are they entitled to this ?????

by the way late charges and over credit fees keep getting addded.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ,

total debts approx £9000 iand i work part time for £6.50 an hour and my situation doesnt look like it will be any better even when i return to work.

any help would be appreciated TIM :-D

not entitled to know ANY of your pers medical details

neither

are they entitled to a budet sheet either..

what level are the debts please.

and how much of these are PENALTY charges & PPI?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi thanks for your reply, the level of debts are rbs £4200 and halifax £2200 they both increased the credit limits last year after i requested them to but i thought they would send me another agreement to sign.

at the moment there insisting on this budget sheet to see wether i am eligable for token payment £1 this is what one of the debt charitys suggested.

There is no p p i on either account but each have added on 2 x £12 for late payment and the interest has now taken me over the credit limit hence the extra £12 ,talk about getting kicked when already down. I dont intend to send personal medical details to any old tom dick and harry !!!!!! thanks for any advice you can give TIM

Hi thanks for your advice, i am in the process of opening a basic bank account with the coop . There is no ppi to be had unfortunately but i have done a budget but cant see anything really to cut back on, all my bills have increased except my wages !!!!!! Whats your personal opinion on a DRO ? thes debts are only a year old and i have only just been able to hang onto my working tax credits since it all changed in april and they will now take an average on my weekly hours ! my main bank is hsbc who i have an overdraft with . any help would be great TIM

• 1 month later...
not entitled to know ANY of your pers medical details

neither

are they entitled to a budet sheet either..

dx

Hi, just came across this thread and am having similar health problems and it's so difficult to fight back when you are feeling so low.

DX - why do you say that they are not entitled to a budget sheet? I was advised via CCS that this should be completed and sent as evidence of your inability to pay - you may know something different?

Tim - you might find it useful to search the web for "Debt & Mental Health Good Practice" (I am unable to add links yet). You will find a few sites including MALG and links to Royal college of Psychiatrists who have done loads of studies and set out a code of good practice for people with mental health issues including depression. Also on HMRC website look up DMBM585185 - It's a document regarding "considering the defaulter with mental health issues", contains some very useful information, along with Financial Ombudsman Service website which, again, sets out good practice for financial companies.

Like you, I have a card with Halifax and they are the worst, rude, unsympathetic and despite having no disposable income they have tried to bully me into borrowing to make payments to them - it makes you feel so much worse.

I completed and printed off the CCS budget sheet (with the CCS logo) and explained that I have received advice from CCS and gone on to explain my situation along with the fact that I am on medication for my depression. I offered my £1 per month payment as advised and enclosed a cheque, (also set up a DD) and finished off with a final paragraph:

I have been a loyal customer and have always kept up repayments until these unfortunate circumstances I now find myself in. So I ask that you please consider reducing or stopping interest or any other charges on my account to help me during my financial and unfortunate health difficulties. (Under the Debt & Mental Health Good Practice, I would be happy to complete Mental Health Evidence Forms for your verification as indicated may be required on Financial Ombudsman Service and MALG websites).

I have to say, they have all been really good except Halifax. The best thing you can do is be honest with them, tell them that you will only deal with them in writing (which gives you breathing space - but do reply), and ensure that you tell them you are suffering with depression - this is important as once you disclose this, they have to work within certain good practice guidelines. Do NOT give them any web log in or reference numbers (if you do the budget planner on CCS, they give you a number so that you can return to your details.

Hope this helps! Best wishes

Hi thanks for your advice, i am in the process of opening a basic bank account with the coop . There is no ppi to be had unfortunately but i have done a budget but cant see anything really to cut back on, all my bills have increased except my wages !!!!!! Whats your personal opinion on a DRO ? thes debts are only a year old and i have only just been able to hang onto my working tax credits since it all changed in april and they will now take an average on my weekly hours ! my main bank is hsbc who i have an overdraft with . any help would be great TIM

The total debts you listed in this and previous posts differs. However, either way, if I were in your situation I would definitely go for a DRO. It provides a sharp, clean break and allows you to concentrate on the more impt matter - your mental health. Unfortunately most of the published info from 'expert' organisations tends to treat mental health issues from a medical model perspective. You may find more appropriate support from a local Users' Group (you don't need to be a hospital patient, just have mental health issues to join). But m.h. will not be resolved with the debts still hanging over you. Once you've obtained the DRO, you may find everything else falls into place and the world makes sense again. I'm well aware of the effects of bereavement and other forms of shock on one's ability to cope with harassment from merciless creditors and DCAs, so you have my sympathy. I only wish I fell within the threshold to apply for a DRO. I wish you the best of luck. Pls let us know how you get on.

Oleg

• 1 month later...

Hi ,

thanks for your message and i am sorry that i have not replied sooner.

I thought i would give you an update and ask for further advice if you are able to help !

I have reached an agreement with R B S CREDIT CARD ,

just under £30 a month and they have stopped interest and late charges etc,

they say that they will review my situation in 6 months,

i originally offered them £10 a month which they rejected.

have now returned to work ,although i am still dealing with depression

,but the HALIFAX c/c have again given me a default and passed the whole debt £2300 to debt collector in manchester

and i have been paying them £10 a month for the last 2 months.

Can i ask why they would do this ,

does this mean they have no CCA to enforce .

any help or advice you could give would be great .

Tim.

sold it or them just collecting.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi thanks for your reply, i have recieved a letter from a debt collectors called BLAIR, OLIVER and SCOTT

who says that there client has instructed them (HALIFAX) to collect the full outstanding balance £2300 as soon as possible. when i first got behind with payments i sent a budget to the halifax (recorded delivery) and i have proof that they got it , offering £10 a month till i got back to work after being on statuary sick pay for 3 months and they didnt even reply. I recieved a default notice so i rang them and they told me just to pay £10 a month which is what i have kept up with.

what i would like to know if you can help, are the above debt collectors owned by the Halifax or would you say that they have just sold on to these clowns, i have done some digging online but cant seem to get any answers , can they pass this on while i am paying the halifax? or is it just lack of communication in the bank?

any advice or help would be appreciated Tim.

halifax and bank of scotland

hbos

bos = blair olly snot

same lot

ignore

dx

and they

• 3 years later...