Safeloans Ltd v me. Apparently

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all and good evening.

I had an email in my spam folder to an email that they never had been given.

The email was sitting in my spam folder. I had a loan with these fools years ago in 2009 and as far as I was concerned thishad been settled. Three years later they come to me telling me I owe them over 500.00. The start of the email is Safeloans ltd v me. **** bags. I had not changed address so why did they leave it sooooo long to contact me? What are they up to?

Any advice most welcome.

Many thanks

Hi, phillyg.

I've moved this thread to the PDL Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Is it the same as the account number you had with them?

You could write to them if your really worried but I would just ignore it.

Also does th email have any personal information on it, your details, account info?

IT'S TIME FOR US LITTLE PEOPLE TO FIGHT BACK:)

Send them the prove it letter from the library on this site. Dont chase it up.

Itsnup to them to get the correct info. Chances are theyre fishing for a cash cow.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

All they have said in the email is if i don't make a token payment of 20.00 they will issue court proceedings. They are giving me till the 26th may. They have also given two payment plan offers. Why would they leave it so late? Also why have they not sent letter previous to this to my home address?

The email also does not state any dates as to when the debt was from.

I do not even know the account number that was used at the time so I would not even know. The bank I also used at the time had also been closed down. They will have a hard job to get anything from me as I have nothing to give. I am in receipt of dla and esa and everything is always tight already.

Stop worrying and send them the prove if letter. As for your email, pdls are known for sharing your details.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

OK I have had a chance to view my experian credit report and nothing makes any sense with the inputs from Safeloans.

There are six inputs on my credit file and it states that I had settled four of them in 2010 all on the same date!!!! There is another one that is states defaulted on 24/05/2010 and another that shows my account showing three payments late dated 27/08/2009.

Now here is the confusion.... All of the four previous are showing as settled and the date is exactly the same 18/10/2011 on all four. I never made any payments in 2011 as the last loan I had from them was in 2009.

The letter that I received from Safeloans states I owe roughly £520.00 and looking at the credit file it states I am in default by £446 and the three payments late showing states £303.00 which gives a total of £749.00.

Can anyone make any sense of this or am I just thick?

It looks as though they are cooking the books. The settled inputs on experian from them are dated after the default date!!! They are (Edit)

Any help please.

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed unsuitable wording.

If you have multiple entries for the same debt, at the same time/date, give the CRA a call and they can investigate for you.

Hello all and good evening.

Just to let you know I decided to contact Safeloans Ltd so I sent a few emails over the last two days and stated I hold no acknowledgement of this debt and for all correspondence to cease.

I also wanted my credit file amended with Safeloans Ltd details.

I received an email today advising me as of immediate effect the alleged debt is to be wiped and experian have been contacted to clear the information from file.

Good day really.

Don't give up just persevere.

Good luck