Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Paid my CCJ - BoS now want another 750 in fees for obtaining the ccj and order!!

Morning all,

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice please?

I had a Bank of Scotland credit card that I defaulted payments on. Bank of Scotland obtained a ccj, followed by an attachment of earnings order.

The attachment of earnings order states "the defendants employer must deduct 250 per month from the defendants earnings until 11,589.28 has been paid"

I have now paid this, but Bank of Scotland want another 750 in fees for obtaining the ccj and order. Are they right in requesting this, or should it have been included in the order?

Default Re: Advice on charges please

should have been in the order

have you all the CC statements?

not got lots of PENALTY charges or PPIicon on them have you?

dx

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Default Re: Paid my CCJ - BoS now want another 750 in fees for obtaining the ccj and order!!

I have the original attachment of earnings order that states 250 per month until the sum of 11,589.28 has been paid (which has been paid every month since the order).

Now I have had another letter from BoS and all it says it that they want 513 for legal costs, 240 for ccj, 65 for attachment of earnings, and this has been added to the balance.

Default Re: Paid my CCJ - BoS now want another 750 in fees for obtaining the ccj and order!!

IMHO if its not on the judgement then they can go swivel.

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

That's what I thought too. I will write to them again with a copy of the order.

Ok, I wrote to BoS with a copy of the attachment of earings order showing the order was for 11,589.28. I have received a reply stating "legal fees are added to the outstanding balance due and are therefore not noted seperately"

I thought that if the order was for 11,589.28 then this should include the debt, interest and legal fees.

Send the info to the court and ask for an ajudication meeting about this - if it was not on the original order then they are barking mad - they CANNOT add stuff after a court order.

This is becoming more and more common now and shows how low the debt collecting arm of the banks have become in

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details