Warm home discount - please check your energy supplier you may be entitled!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well done Marc...and the bonus of a Winter fuel allowance?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 8 months later...

Ok just to clarify a wee bit as some suppliers are still waiting to confirm their scheme and some users have mentioned their provider has nothing yet.

Here is the House of Commons library Briefing Paper - The Warm Home Discount Scheme published 5th May 2016

link: http://researchbriefings.parliament....ummary/SN05956 (You can download the PDF near the bottom of the page)

Now the Supplier Guidance for the Scheme is dealt with by Ofgem and at present the Guidance for Supplier is only in Draft Format as Ofgems consultation with Suppliers only closed on 10th August 2016.

See this Ofgem link: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publication...ft-version-5-0

This is why some Energy Suppliers are waiting to confirm the scheme as the Guidance from Ofgem has not been finalised yet.

It still doesn't stop you contacting your Energy Supplier and asking about the scheme, they may send the forms, put you on a list when scheme confirmed to send forms automatically to you, so keep checking.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I've been getting this for the last 2 winters with EDF and it's made a huge difference to my bills... No longer do I need to worry about putting the heating on when it's cold in the winter. In addition to that, the last 2 winters have been milder around here than usual and it's resulted in me getting 2 refunds in the last 9 months of £132 and £92 and my monthly DD has dropped from £75 to £59.

Definitely worth applying for to see if you qualify, I shall be applying again this year as my circumstances haven't changed.

That is correct about SSE but it still does not stop you contacting them to be added to the list when finalised to get the applications forms automatically sent to you (it's what I have done with Scottish Hydro which is SSE)

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

• 4 weeks later...

SSE Warm Home Discount for 2016/17 is open so get your applications in

https://www.sse.co.uk/help/accessibility/warm-home-discount#item1

can confirm BGAS/scottish gas is running too

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

EDF Energy Warm Home Discount 2016/17 link: https://www.edfenergy.com/for-home/help-support/warm-home-discount

• 9 months later...

Just bumping this thread I know it is July but to remind everyone to keep a close on on this.

Start checking with their Energy Supplier (website) when they are starting to take applications and the application form is available.

Remember to keep an eye on it as the funds for this are as always limited so get your application form in as soon as possible.

Remember to check even if you think your not entitled to it as most Energy Suppliers have a Broader Group which you may fall into so check you never know.

• 4 weeks later...

EDF is up and running for this year now. >> https://edfenergyuk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1399/session/L3RpbWUvMTUwMTI3MjA4Ny9zaWQvNEtPNnBMb24=

The link includes this years criteria to apply..... To apply go to the bottom of the page....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

British Gas I'm told is Monday.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

I am a pensioner with a very low income and was getting the Warm Home Discount (EOn) before I moved into rented housing with a British Gas pre-payment meter.

When I applied for the discount, they said the account at this address is not registered in my name. I tried offering the landlord's name, but they can't tell me whose name is on the account because of data privacy. The house is owned by more than one person and I don't know all their names.

No idea what to do next...:|

We received a letter about this & the results were:

1st Phone Call - have you filled the form in answer - what form then they hung up

2nd Phone call - your power company don't take part then they hung up

3 rd Phone call - yes that's all OK you will receive it by the end of March

Each phone call resulted in the same info being passed over so no variations there. Only the last operator seemed to be interested.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep... sounds about right!

Not only that, but there's another payment that I used to get (Winter Fuel ?) which pensioners are automatically entitled to, and that hasn't arrived either... wondering if, perhaps , I've died and nobody has bothered to inform me...:mad2:

• 3 years later...

Hi

Am just bumping this so that everyone is aware to make sue and check with your Energy Supplier and keep checking when they open up there applications for the new year for the Warm Home Discounts and get your Application in as soon as possible.

Also make sure and have a look at your Energy Supplier as to who can apply as the Government made changes to the Scheme from April 2022 this year but this as mentioned should be on your Energy Suppliers Website the changes and who is now in the Core Groups.

• 2 weeks later...

Just Bumping this again

Remember to keep a close eye on when your Energy Supplier open the Warm Home Discount Scheme and get your application in as soon as possible

• 1 month later...

Just Bumping this again

As most Energy Suppliers have been waiting on the Government and most Warm Home Discount Schemes with the Supplier only open this month (November 2022)

So make sure and check with your Energy Supplier and if entitled get your application in quick as they only have a limited amount of funds for this Scheme

• Like 1